Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I just read they are politically motivated ,to discredit the gov. It sounds to me like they have no idea what really happened..

It might be helpful to those reading this thread to know where you read this.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

@cherry @QueenDanceALot   There are videos of him expressing accusations that these fires are deliberatly set by NGO's to discredit him.  

Unfortunately any site with the video is political and cannot be linked.

He has wanted to roll-back environmental protections since January.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: The lungs of the earth

[ Edited ]

Far from it, @sidsmom  -- I understand quite well.  I just think your take on things is a bit (well, more than a bit) off.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

Far from it, @sidsmom  -- I understand quite well.  I just think your take on things is a bit (well, more than a bit) off.

We’ll see....

Honored Contributor

I have been hearing about it on CNN.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I just read they are politically motivated ,to discredit the gov. It sounds to me like they have no idea what really happened..

It might be helpful to those reading this thread to know where you read this.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

@cherry @QueenDanceALot   There are videos of him expressing accusations that these fires are deliberatly set by NGO's to discredit him.  

Unfortunately any site with the video is political and cannot be linked.

He has wanted to roll-back environmental protections since January.

@Cakers3 

Yes, I've read about him since.  

I seriously despise those who want to roll-back environmental protections.

I will say no more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think either of us disagree with you @QueenDanceALot . We just told  some of the things that are being reported

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry 

I don't think either of us disagree with you @QueenDanceALot . We just told  some of the things that are being reported

@cherry 

I didn't really think you disagreed.

I have been reading and hearing more about the horrific situation and just wanted to express my disgust with those who don't respect our earth.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was about the Amazon rain forest (in Brazil) that is burning.  Brazil is so over populated, they need food.  In order to get food, they have to clear land.  It's a tug a war between humans and nature.  Humans must win.  They don't want to starve. Not just Brazil, but all over the world.  Especially in developing countries.  People  believe it's a human right to own land to farm it.  If this trend continues, no more rain forest and even the African parks that protect animals will eventually fail and be forced to give to people. The oldest reason for wars is over land.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen/heard/read about this on various news outlets.   It's beyond my capacity for words, beyond devastating, cataclysmic.   I'm reluctant to post any articles, or excerpts, or hyperlinks -- not always sure what's within the standards, but I want to recommend 2 with similar titles, similar information, but from 2 different sources.   Just search for the titles, or copy and paste the links:

"The Amazon is on fire – here are 5 things you need to know"

theconversation.com/the-amazon-is-on-fire-here-are-5-things-you-need-to-know-122326

and

"The Amazon is on fire: 5 things you need to know"

conservation.org/blog/the-amazon-is-on-fire-5-things-you-need-to-know

thereisnoplanetb.JPG

"When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you can’t eat money."  (generally credited to Alanis Obomsawin, Abenaki Native American from the Odanak reserve)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

My heart breaks for the animals.

They always end up on the loosing end.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, humans should have never evolved past cave-man stage,

Humans are determined to kill this planet, and they don't care that they are killing it.

They don't care that it is their children, and grandchildren who will be inheriting the mess that they are creating.

Selfishness and greed will destroy us all.

All man knows how to do is destroy.

Even if we were to find Earth 2.0 tomorrow, and saw that there was humans living on it, does anybody really think that we will have learned from our past?

If the past is any indicator, we would mess up that planet, too.

Man would be like, "Nice place you've got here. Oh, by the way, it's ours now. We claim it, it's ours, and you have to abide by our rules, even though you have been living peacefully for millennia."

There are times when humans just absolutely disgust me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.