Esteemed Contributor

Re: The latest on Jahi McMath

This whole issue is terribly sad. But it is beyond time for this family to move on and let her go. She is not blossoming, they are living in extreme denial. I can just picture how different she looks and how much weight she lost. There was a girl here (years back), who was hit by a car and was brain dead and on life support. She looked like a beauty queen before hand. She deteriorated so fast she was unrecognizable as herself in no time (as per pictures on the news from the trial of the person who hit her). And these parents pulled the plug and let this girl go after months. I cant imagine this young girl as more time goes on. What theyre doing to her to keep her for their sake, is just plain sick and sad. Shes never coming "back"

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

On 6/12/2014 Shorty2U said:

This whole issue is terribly sad. But it is beyond time for this family to move on and let her go. She is not blossoming, they are living in extreme denial. I can just picture how different she looks and how much weight she lost. There was a girl here (years back), who was hit by a car and was brain dead and on life support. She looked like a beauty queen before hand. She deteriorated so fast she was unrecognizable as herself in no time (as per pictures on the news from the trial of the person who hit her). And these parents pulled the plug and let this girl go after months. I cant imagine this young girl as more time goes on. What theyre doing to her to keep her for their sake, is just plain sick and sad. Shes never coming "back"

What is "sick" about it? She is their child so it's their decision and no one else's. I've wondered if it bothers people because they want this situation to hurry up and go away? There is no set timeline for grief.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/12/2014 Lila Belle said:

Those who have never lost a child have no idea what a parent goes through on those milestone days that their child was never able to attain.

Sedonee must not realize how hurtful her comments are.

Absolutely correct. The pain is forever.

Contributor

Pain is NOT forever thank God or none of us would be living! Time heals ALL wounds.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Sedonee said:

Pain is NOT forever thank God or none of us would be living! Time heals ALL wounds.

No, not this one. The loss of one's child is a totally different grief from all others. It never heals, we just learn better coping skills to deal with the pain.

Contributor

That is not true. If one suffered the intense pain of losing their child for the rest of their life, they would not live very long. It does heal.

Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 colliegirls said:

No, not this one. The loss of one's child is a totally different grief from all others. It never heals, we just learn better coping skills to deal with the pain.

Right, and not plenty of others, either. If it did, we wouldn't have so many people with long term use of pain pills, or the need for a Tens machine, etc.

People with severe and chronic RA or Fibro would also disagree.

Psychological pain often doesn't heal and can be the cause of suicide in many cases.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

ITA

Super Contributor

Wrong mellie
Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 NoelSeven said:

Right, and not plenty of others, either. If it did, we wouldn't have so many people with long term use of pain pills, or the need for a Tens machine, etc.

People with severe and chronic RA or Fibro would also disagree.

Psychological pain often doesn't heal and can be the cause of suicide in many cases.

Ita