Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm the one who, several months ago, was web searching taxi services (not for me, but for someone else).  Anyway, a couple of days later, I saw a taxi stop out front, left in a hurry; and then later that day I found three calendars on my porch, from one of the taxi companies that I had web searched.  Nobody else that I know on our block received them.  (btw, At that time, I actually called the company and thanked them for the calendars.  But I didn't think about the situation until very recently re: that they knew where I live when I searched their site.  So, we must be careful when we search various local companies.  Who knows who's working there, and now they know where we live, right?

That's pretty creepy.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm the one who, several months ago, was web searching taxi services (not for me, but for someone else).  Anyway, a couple of days later, I saw a taxi stop out front, left in a hurry; and then later that day I found three calendars on my porch, from one of the taxi companies that I had web searched.  Nobody else that I know on our block received them.  (btw, At that time, I actually called the company and thanked them for the calendars.  But I didn't think about the situation until very recently re: that they knew where I live when I searched their site.  So, we must be careful when we search various local companies.  Who knows who's working there, and now they know where we live, right?

That's pretty creepy.

@colliemom4 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

That's pretty creepy.

Sounds a little paranoid to me...lol