Occasional Contributor

The host 12/8 at 2am Courtney

They were presenting a couch cover and Courtney did not cover the furniture properly during the demonstration. She left it bunched up on the bottom. None of the staff snuck in to fix it either. the sell was unappea6 with it bunched up like that. Then, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.... Courtney could not pronounce MINOLTA!!! It's the hosts job to know the product or at least know how to pronounce it. Then, to announce that she's too young to know the brand is a lame excuse. What's this world coming to when nobody wants to strive for excellence? This is just a little thing, but imagine if everyone started to do a mediocre job? These young people these days. Ugh.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The host 12/8 at 2am Courtney

I agree with you 100% .... she is NOT a keeper & should be let go ... very bad presenter & definitely NOT prepared.... the other new host that needs to go is Julia who is very loud & acts so immature... WHERE IS QVC GETTING THESE PEOPLE?? ... is this the quality of the young choices out there?

Respected Contributor

@Penny Pop   went back to work after 19 years and was shocked to find most people are doing a mediocre job, if that. This is sad since I am in health care and these are the people taking care of us. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a different opinion.

It always surprises me what some posters will quickly jump to criticize the smallest things.   That was Courtney Webb (since there are 3 different "Courtney" hosts now), and I saw the presentation of those Toscano slip covers.  When putting her end of the slip cover on the sofa, she neglected to pull it completely down to cover the very bottom.  It was such a small area left bunched.  

However, throughout her entire presentation, she was poised, delightful, gave all the sales information correctly, had a very good rapport with the vendor, and made sure all the sizes and colors were showcased nicely for your purchasing decision.  

Minolta camcorder? Yes, Oscar the vendor rep was the one that said she was too young to be familiar with the brand because Courtney had never heard of it and had to slowly pronounce it. Then she repeated Oscar's statement and said "I'm too young," making a tongue & cheek reply to him.  But again, the rest of her presentation was just fine.

By the way, Courtney is training for the US Olympic Skeleton Team, for the honor to represent her country in 2022.

These young people these days??  It would be so nice for some "not-so-young" people these days to not generalize so quickly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tis the season to be jolly.  Good will toward men and all....

Some people just sit, observe and wait to pounce.  Just shaking my head.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

They need to be prepared, but I wouldn't get upset if a slipcover wasn't properly adjusted. I doubt if she'll be kept on it she seems unprepared for work.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper @I really enjoy Courtney.She has a very pleasant way.I didn’t know she was an athlete.

I do agree somewhat that young people have a different attitude and work style.I am not totally comfortable with how the people working 8n my new dentist office choose to style themselves.I feel that full arm tattoos and those gauge earrings are not professional...

Honored Contributor

@Penny PopIf only imcompetence of our world were limited to youthful shopping channel hosts!  They are far down on my list of concerns.

Contributor

Thank you for speaking up on behalf of this young lady. It is sad to me that some many posters are so negative. If you aren't happy with the host, change the channel. Heck since they all feel so strongly, maybe go out to regular retail for a fresh new experience or better yet do something to make the world a better place so that it lives up to their high standards!

Respected Contributor

If this is about Courtney K., I wonder if she's leaving.  Just before midnight last night, she & Shawn were "showering" each other with love and that they'll miss each other and ended with wiping eyes.  I wondered what's that about.