Honored Contributor

Re: The hiker found in Hawaii

@Marp wrote:

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, May 29, a crew of searchers aboard a helicopter spotted the body of missing hiker Noah “Kekai” Mina.

Mina was found about 300 feet below a fall line in the summit region of Mauna Kahalawai.

Recovery efforts are currently underway.

Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I have not seen this discussed, but many of the comments I see on the news stories associated with this young woman's experience doubt her tale of being lost on the Kahakapao Trail in East Maui's Makawao Forest Reserve.

I'm not familiar with the area, but they showed the ravine she fell into and, one report said she had broken her leg.

Just read she is out of the hospital after 16 days in the forest.

Her family is near the area where I live, and I'm happy for them that she was found.  It has been in our local paper.

Guess after so many made up stories, people are reluctant to believe.

I find myself wondering, too.

How can you get lost on an island?  If she kept walking, she'd fine her way out of the forest.  I think it's a stunt to get her name in the news and money from a movie or book deal. 

She sure looked emanciated and sun burned for something made up. Did you see her legs and feet so swollen?  That can not be faked.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, May 29, a crew of searchers aboard a helicopter spotted the body of missing hiker Noah “Kekai” Mina.

Mina was found about 300 feet below a fall line in the summit region of Mauna Kahalawai.

Recovery efforts are currently underway.

This is so sad.  I hope he finds Peace.  🌟 

@Marp thanks for posting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I’m so sorry to hear the other lost hiker didn’t survive.  Was hoping for two happy outcomes. 

Trusted Contributor

glad she's safe, but what kind of idiot goes hiking without a compass.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a made up story  for TV.

Like those 2 ladies and dogs, who were lost at sea for 5  months.

Regular Contributor

Just read this morning that the second hiker missing in the same area was not as lucky as she was. They found him dead; so sad.

So glad they found her in time and she got the treatment she needed.