Honored Contributor

Re: The. gymastics doctor (Nassar) sentencing on now.

wrote:

wrote:

Cover up! Needs to be addressed. Victims deserve it.

---------------

Wow!!  Are you really saying that these sexual abuse victims deserved the abuse???  I really hope that I misunderstood your post!!!

@corita I think @Sweet_Serenity means there are others who are guilty of covering up for the disgusting doctor, and the victims deserve justice where they are concerned as well.  They could have possibly stopped the abuse years & years ago.

Honored Contributor

@corita

I read @Sweet_Serenity post as there is still a cover up of information and several people from the gymnastics board left their positions in the last couple of days. You may google for more info. 

Several of the gymnastics team from the prior Olympics spoke out in interviews about the gymnastics committee knowing what was taking place and saying nothing. 

Honored Contributor

He needs solitare for life too. (Confinement). Let him think about it all the time.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I agree with your post. The victims do deserve justice. 

Have a beautiful day. 

Honored Contributor

This is all after the fact, we must teach our children from the cradle that nothing in life is worth more than their own self worth and self respect. We need to make sure our kids know they have a safe place to go and talk when they are not comfortable about situations with adults or other kids.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

---------------

Wow!!  Are you really saying that these sexual abuse victims deserved the abuse???  I really hope that I misunderstood your post!!!

@corita I think @Sweet_Serenity means there are others who are guilty of covering up for the disgusting doctor, and the victims deserve justice where they are concerned as well.  They could have possibly stopped the abuse years & years ago.

---------------------

@Sweet Seernity @Caaareful Shopper @butterfly123

Well, thank goodness I misunderstood the post.   A thousand apologies to Sweet Serenity!! 

I worked with child abuse for over 20 years and can't tell you how many times I heard that the young girls "asked" for it becuase of the way they dressesd!!  Used to make me furious every time I heard that "theory!!!

Honored Contributor

From what I wrote; How someone possibly would believe was saying the victims deserved the abuse is odd. My post clear pointing responsibility to coverup.
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:
From what I wrote; How someone possibly would believe was saying the victims deserved the abuse is odd. My post clear pointing responsibility to coverup.

----------------

Again, I as I stated earlier...I apologize!!   Years of experience in child abuse made my thoughts click back to when I would hear the victims blamed (for the way they dressed) instead of the abuser!!  Again....I apologize!

Regular Contributor

@corita  You do need a lesson in reading comprehension.  Alas, you apologized, but words cannot be taken back.  What poster would have meant that ... think before you type next time.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@corita  You do need a lesson in reading comprehension.  Alas, you apologized, but words cannot be taken back.  What poster would have meant that ... think before you type next time.

-----------------

Yup....thanks for the rec! I think you  are right... thanks!!

I did think...of all those abused pre-teens that I worked with years ago.