Honored Contributor

Re: 😒 The guy who claimed he is the missing boy Timmothy Pitzen..NOT! 😒

Why would anyone do such a cruel thing to this poor family?  Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how he knew about the stolen child from years ago?  That is something someone his age would not really know much about.  Truth is stranger than. . . .This is a compelling story.  And I want to know more about these people.  My imagination is coming up with all kinds of stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

The Kentucky police dropped the ball on this completely and inadvertently hurt the family needlessly.  Man does NOT look like a 14 year old. Secondly the guy was on parole..a simple fingerprint check immediately through the National fingerprint data base would've proved who the idiot was right away,even before the DNA came back.  So cruel of this person.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Was he actually reunited with the family or did police just tell the family they thought they had found Timothy?  I've only heard bits and pieces on the news.

Valued Contributor

So unfortunate all this was reported in the news before actual DNA tests were done...

Respected Contributor

"Aurora police pledged to continue their search for the missing boy.

"Although we are disappointed that this turned out to be a hoax, we remain diligent in our search for Timmothy, as our missing person's case remains unsolved," the Aurora PD said.

Timmothy's family members said at an afternoon news conference that they remain optimistic they will someday be reunited with him. They also expressed sympathy for Rini.

“We know you are out there somewhere, Tim, and we will never stop looking for you, praying for you and loving you," Kara Jacobs, Timmothy's maternal aunt, said. "We hope that everyone will join us in praying for the young man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen.”

Alana Anderson, Timmothy's grandmother, said she has felt a mix of emotions during the last 24 hours."It's been awful. We've been hopeful, frightened," she said. "It's just been exhausting." She also asked for the public's prayers for Rini.

"I feel so sorry for the young man who has obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was someone else," Anderson said. "And I hope that they can find his family." Rini told investigators Wednesday that he escaped two kidnappers, described as white males with bodybuilder physiques, according to a Sharonville, Ohio, police report."

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Awful person indeed.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I've seen bits and pieces of the coverage tonight.  Not only is it tragic in the sense that this young man is an imposter, but the fact that Timmothy's own mother abducted the boy, left a note saying he was safe but would never be found, then committed suicide.

It makes on wonder if somewhere in the past, the two young men crossed each others' paths.  Where did he glean the information about Timmothy's disappearance?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

So sad.  Why would he do this?!

Trusted Contributor

This story is so sad.The family must be so excited when first hearing it.Why crazy people do this.