Esteemed Contributor

Re: The guy across the hall?

On 3/10/2015 Plaid Pants said:
On 3/10/2015 Ilikeshade said:
On 3/10/2015 sophiamarie said:

How do y'all meet guys if you don't trust any of them, and think that all guys are creeps with ulterior motives, when the reality of it is, they are just being nice?

I am wondering the same thing. I don't understand such bitterness towards men. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't know if you're referring to my post or not but in case you are would just like to say unless I know someone whether male or female, I don't take kindly to some jerk offering his/her assistance that I never asked for. I am well taken care of by my husband.

But that's just it. The two of you were strangers at one time. How did you get to know him and trust him, if all men are creeps and are not to be trusted, because they have ulterior motives.

I totally agree. I trust people (to a certain extent) until they give me a reason not to.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

How do y'all meet guys if you don't trust any of them, and think that all guys are creeps with ulterior motives, when the reality of it is, they are just being nice?

I am wondering the same thing. I don't understand such bitterness towards men. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't know if you're referring to my post or not but in case you are would just like to say unless I know someone whether male or female, I don't take kindly to some jerk offering his/her assistance that I never asked for. I am well taken care of by my husband.

But that's just it. The two of you were strangers at one time. How did you get to know him and trust him, if all men are creeps and are not to be trusted, because they have ulterior motives.

That's something for you to figure out like I had to when finding the right guy.

Super Contributor

I have to admit that I am also confused/surprised by the reactions that such a harmless comment has elicited. (And it's certainly not my intention to demean the OP in any way.) This kind of thing is not an uncommon occurrence between adults. Do I think it was a clumsy attempt at flirtation? Possibly. But anything more nefarious than that is just pure speculation.

Super Contributor

That's something for you to figure out like I had to when finding the right guy.

But if NO guy is to be trusted, because they are ALL creeps, with ulterior motives, then you'll never get to meet any wonderful guys.

Respected Contributor

But if NO guy is to be trusted, because they are ALL creeps, with ulterior motives, then you'll never get to meet any wonderful guys.

The OP is not interested in this guy. Maybe you can start your own thread in how to meet men.

Super Contributor

The OP is not interested in this guy. Maybe you can start your own thread in how to meet men.

I didn't say that the o/p was interested in him. The guy was just being nice, friendly, neighborly. Remember those things?

But, you didn't answer my question.

If NO guy is to be trusted, because they are ALL creeps, with ulterior motives, then how is a woman supposed to meet platonic guy friends?

Respected Contributor

Pgfan............I think you're on the right track.........IF you heard him fighting with a female and you've seen one there.......then yeah, the guy is probably involved with someone and maybe he does think you'd make a fine replacement.........but.........a guy like that, you can do without......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

I've always taught my sons to be polite to ladies, and to always offer assistance to people, men and women, especially their elders, unless it is an unsafe situation. I wonder if they are ever looked at with suspicion?
Super Contributor

Plaid Pants, I wonder the same thing, if all guys are creeps, how does one ever find a life partner? Then again, AND I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE WITH THE OP, I've known gals who thought every male who ever talked to them was trying to hit on them. Heads up, Gentlemen, step lightly, lol! Darned if you do (creepy lecher looking for next victim), darned if you don't (jerk who won't lend a hand to a lady).