Honored Contributor

Re: The guy across the hall?

On 3/10/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/10/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 3/10/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Pqfan, I highly suspect you are sensing something about this guy and should listen to yourself. Years ago, I read a book called "The Gift of Fear" which was about how women are so programmed to be "nice" that they often don't listen to their inner voice..their gut and suffer the consequences. Trust your instincts. And btw, this is a great topic...let no one here alter your posting habits, my friend.

Gavin de Becker. Good book. ITA with the rest of your post too.

pq - Smile

Me, too! de Becker was a great teacher. The basic premise is, "Pay attention to your gut."

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} (hi Noel!)

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 3/10/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/10/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 3/10/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Pqfan, I highly suspect you are sensing something about this guy and should listen to yourself. Years ago, I read a book called "The Gift of Fear" which was about how women are so programmed to be "nice" that they often don't listen to their inner voice..their gut and suffer the consequences. Trust your instincts. And btw, this is a great topic...let no one here alter your posting habits, my friend.

Gavin de Becker. Good book. ITA with the rest of your post too.

pq - Smile

Me, too! de Becker was a great teacher. The basic premise is, "Pay attention to your gut."

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} (hi Noel!)

Hi MJ Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: I am not interested in him but he asked me if I ever need help or just want to talk let him know. I just politely thanked him and left it at that. I don't know him I just say hi if I see him just to be polite.Yet I know there is or was a lady over there. Why would a man ask to help another woman when he has a lady already? They were fighting last night (not about me) Am I supposed to be the replacement lol ugh....

The highlighted words makes this guy very creepy. Who the heck does he think is? Did he tell you he was a medical professional and listens to people for a living and if he does, it's still inappropriate as if to say you looked needy. Were you sobbing that day? Do you have a physical disability? I just don't get where this guy is coming from. Maybe he just wants to date you and replace his current gf.

Super Contributor

How do y'all meet guys if you don't trust any of them, and think that all guys are creeps with ulterior motives, when the reality of it is, they are just being nice?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Plaid Pants said:

How do y'all meet guys if you don't trust any of them, and think that all guys are creeps with ulterior motives, when the reality of it is, they are just being nice?

I am wondering the same thing. I don't understand such bitterness towards men. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 sophiamarie said:

I am wondering the same thing. I don't understand such bitterness towards men. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't know if you're referring to my post or not but in case you are would just like to say unless I know someone whether male or female, I don't take kindly to some jerk offering his/her assistance that I never asked for. I am well taken care of by my husband.

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2015 KathyPet said: I cannot believe that a thread about a totally innocuous off the cuff remark,such as this neighbor made even deserved its own thread much less all these responses. This one wins the silly thread of the week award!

Not nice!

Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Ilikeshade said:
On 3/10/2015 sophiamarie said:

I don't know if you're referring to my post or not but in case you are would just like to say unless I know someone whether male or female, I don't take kindly to some jerk offering his/her assistance that I never asked for. I am well taken care of by my husband.

But that's just it. The two of you were strangers at one time. How did you get to know him and trust him, if all men are creeps and are not to be trusted, because they have ulterior motives.

Esteemed Contributor

""Don't take kindly to some jerk offering his/her assistance""... WOW.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 sophiamarie said:
On 3/9/2015 ashleigh dupray said:

i avoid men wherever i go. they cannot be trusted. i had a landlord once who i know let himself into my apt. while i was at work. i had candles and he sent notices around to not burn candles. he was very friendly to all of the renters, almost all women, and acted like it was NBD if the rent wasn't on time. one day he invited me to his house for appetizers and wine. i thought other tenants would be there. i was the only one and he had x-rated movies playing on his TV. i politely had one drink and set my glass of wine down and left and moved in with a friend until i could move to another apartment.

Why are you judging all men by this one???

He invites you over to his house for appetizers and wine and you don't think to ask who else is going to be there? You didn't go around to a few of the neighbors and ask if they were also invited???

How old were you anyway????

I am thinking cheaper rent.