Respected Contributor

Re: The guy across the hall?

Pqfan, I highly suspect you are sensing something about this guy and should listen to yourself. Years ago, I read a book called "The Gift of Fear" which was about how women are so programmed to be "nice" that they often don't listen to their inner voice..their gut and suffer the consequences. Trust your instincts. And btw, this is a great topic...let no one here alter your posting habits, my friend.
Frequent Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Lillyrose said:

Looks like I am in the minority here. Maybe I watch too many of those true case crime shows. No way would I trust this guy- he is basically a STRANGER to you! True, he could really be a very nice man, but nobody here can guarantee that this is a fact. You don't really know his intentions for sure. I would just be cautious. Stay safe!

Lilyrose -- I fall into the category you bring up. I also watch 'too many" detective stories and have a tendency to carefully face reality. Be nice but alert!

Honored Contributor

Ashleigh: Oh, oh.........Never take even one sip of wine in that situation. He could have put a dr*g in it.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Pqfan, I highly suspect you are sensing something about this guy and should listen to yourself. Years ago, I read a book called "The Gift of Fear" which was about how women are so programmed to be "nice" that they often don't listen to their inner voice..their gut and suffer the consequences. Trust your instincts. And btw, this is a great topic...let no one here alter your posting habits, my friend.

I think you make an excellent point here!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, a great topic. We all learn from one another. Smile

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/10/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Pqfan, I highly suspect you are sensing something about this guy and should listen to yourself. Years ago, I read a book called "The Gift of Fear" which was about how women are so programmed to be "nice" that they often don't listen to their inner voice..their gut and suffer the consequences. Trust your instincts. And btw, this is a great topic...let no one here alter your posting habits, my friend.

I think you make an excellent point here!!!

Hi Kitty! Thanks...Smile

Regular Contributor

Obviously too many women have trusted "nice men" and ended up dead. I used to be too trusting and could have been one of the unlucky ones. I like the true crime stories because they open my eyes to reality.

Maybe a neighbor helping me bring in groceries is a kind act but for a stranger to say I can call on him just to talk says red flag to me.

This is not a silly thread, so ignore the negative posters. Glad you started this; more people need to be aware of possible dangers and develop that gut feeling.

Hi Lottina! Aren't those shows almost unbelievable sometimes? So sad that evil people cause such heartache. I love to see them get caught.

Super Contributor

Not all guys are creeps.

Not all guys are predators.

Not all guys have "ulterior motives".

There are nice guys out there.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise.

I have met a lot of nice people, women AND men, by giving them the benefit of the doubt when I first met them.

Honored Contributor

Gavin de Becker. Good book. ITA with the rest of your post too.

pq - Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 MJ 12 said:

Gavin de Becker. Good book. ITA with the rest of your post too.

pq - Smile

Me, too! de Becker was a great teacher. The basic premise is, "Pay attention to your gut."

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices