Super Contributor

Re: The guy across the hall?

On 3/8/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: I am not interested in him but he asked me if I ever need help or just want to talk let him know. I just politely thanked him and left it at that. I don't know him I just say hi if I see him just to be polite.Yet I know there is or was a lady over there. Why would a man ask to help another woman when he has a lady already? They were fighting last night (not about me) Am I supposed to be the replacement lol ugh....

Are you saying the lady lived there .... or was there frequently, as a girlfriend would be? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt .... his mother may have raised him to be a good neighbor, and there's nothing wrong with that. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You know what's sad?

Women complain that guys aren't gentlemen, anymore.

Then when a guy does behave like a gentleman, they're freaked out and scared by it, and automatically assume that he has "ulterior motives".{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A guy can't win.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 croemer said:
On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said:
On 3/8/2015 croemer said:

Depends on why he said this???

I think because a lot of medical people come to our house for my mom. He can hear them because the walls are so thin.

Ah...then I think his intentions were pure and he meant well Pqfan.

Agreed.

It's called being nice.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: Would it bother you if your guy offered to help the lady across the hall perhaps without your knowledge? That would bother me a little. It would be different if they both said it but it was just him.

No, it wouldn't bother me the least bit. Golly, what are you afraid of????? Maybe he told his woman that he offered to help his neighbor any way he could. Is he married to the woman that is in his apartment?????

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!
Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: Would it bother you if your guy offered to help the lady across the hall perhaps without your knowledge? That would bother me a little. It would be different if they both said it but it was just him.
It wouldn't bother me at all. DH is a nice guy, it's one of the things I love about him.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

HE WAS being AWESOME!

That still doesn't negate the fact the G.F may not be...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

So if I ring the bell and the lady answers just say Hi excuse me your man offered to help me and talk to me is he home? LO L
Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: So if I ring the bell and the lady answers just say Hi excuse me your man offered to help me and talk to me is he home? LO L

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

On the flip side, if he had no ulterior motives, he would have told her...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 3/8/2015 Pqfan said: So if I ring the bell and the lady answers just say Hi excuse me your man offered to help me and talk to me is he home? LO L

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

On the flip side, if he had no ulterior motives, he would have told her...

This is what I was thinking.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

When I was newly widowed years ago (and more recently when my husband was hospitalized for literally five months straight) - many, many male friends offered their help, their kindness, their shoulder to cry on.

I was/am grateful to them all. Funny story. When my husband came home from the hospital last March, the horses were all sooo fat! And we had experienced one of the worst winters ever recorded. I had stayed at his bedside as my son was feeding the horses, taking care of the houses, the farm, etc.

Turns out that several others (male friends) were also feeding the horses - which we learned later. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} His buddies from the arena also decorated the back deck with balloons and streamers and Welcome Home signs the day we returned.

My son said he thought it was strange that no matter how late he got here, they were never stampeding in hunger. But, of course, they didn't turn down the hay or sweet feed.

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Pqfan. Should you ever need his help, ask for it. When you see him in the hall, etc. say hello. If you begin to feel he is getting "too" friendly, then the cold shoulder should work. There are lots and lots of really nice guys out there, and lots of nice ladies who support their efforts.