QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's rude & uncalled for to the OP.

Respected Contributor

Re: The good ole days

[ Edited ]

Hello, NC,   I did the laundry from about age 10, and can report from the Deep Past that I would save the wash for better weather, drying anything crucial, that could not be delayed, down in the basement on the clothesline there, which was next to the washer before we got a dryer.  Once we had a dryer, we still often waited for sunshine.  It makes the freshly laundered clothes smell so much better.

My sister, who lives in rural Maine, found when her kids were babies that if the diapers were sun-dried (rather than in an electric dryer) the babies did not get diaper rash. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC

Thank you for maintaining the integrity of the original topic...and keeping with our Sunday positive thread posts this beautiful day!

#SundayPositivePostChallenge

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think our parents and some of us all managed, mainly because nothing else was available.  We 'made do' with what was available.  (And might I say they were/are a pretty sturdy group of folks, too.)  Heart   p.s.  I still hang items on wooden drying racks.  One in a bath tub, the other in a sunny, western window in the kitchen.  (After spinning in the washer, of course.  Nothing is dripping, unless I hand wash small, delicate items and dry them on the rack in the bath tub. I dislike running the dryer for items that can easily and fairly quickly be air dried.  Saves me from going up and down lots of steps, retrieving them from the dryer.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone remember Green Stamps?

Mom would let us look at the different items available...then the saving would begin.  Once/twice a year, we would begin licking those crazy stamps into books & take our 'cash-in-hand' to the store to retrieve our treasure.  I still remember every item we got! 

Honored Contributor

How about in the years before online and television shopping, those great Sears and Montgomery Ward catalogs?

We would lay on the floor in the fall when those catalogs would arrive in the mail, and pour over the toy sections, trying to decide what to put on our list to Santa.

IT seemed like there were a million things to dream about and consider. I'd love to have one of those cataglogs from back in the day, just to see the toys and the prices!

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Mom would let us look at the different items available...then the saving would begin.  Once/twice a year, we would begin licking those crazy stamps into books & take our 'cash-in-hand' to the store to retrieve our treasure.  I still remember every item we got! 

YES!!!  Loved putting in the green stamps and dreaming of what we would buy. I got my first set of luggage with Green Stamps!!

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

YES!!!  Loved putting in the green stamps and dreaming of what we would buy. I got my first set of luggage with Green Stamps!!

Some of the decor and small appliances in our first apartment came from S&H Green Stamps.  At my bridal shower I received completed books of them.

Respected Contributor

Well this will tell on my age I still have about 20 books that are filled up with S&H green stamps. Probably should just throw them away.

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Well this will tell on my age I still have about 20 books that are filled up with S&H green stamps. Probably should just throw them away.

cater, my dad was an executive for S & H green stamps.  When I was little, we would fill up our books and redeem them for all kinds of goodies. 

He used to bring us to his office and let us play in the supply closet.

I haven't thought about that in a long time.  Smiley Happy