Honored Contributor

Re: The glorious Jersey shore

@LilacTree wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi @LilacTree  Heart good to see you posting.   Your post made me feel like I was there with you.

LBI is my favorite place to go down the shore.  It is  a  slice of heaven!

Hubby and I are making plans to go in late September.  I can't wait to smell the ocean.........feel it in my face.

@dmod nj

Yep, September's one of the best times to go.  We were lucky this weekend though, at least on our beach, just a few umbrellas here and there.  Gorgeous perfect day for me!!

I post often, on other topics that you perhaps don't see.

Hi Ford,

I am not out and about in the neighborhood much.   Clearly, I've missed your beautifully written posts.  

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

I totally agree with you about LBI ... my home is an oceanfront on LBI .... right now I am writing this note on my deck looking at the glorious ocean .... today is a beautiful, perfect day on LBI .... glad you had a good time!! 😄

I used to have an oceanfront place there on LBI too.  The best area down the shore  and I loved it  <3  I was there during the hurricane .I sold cause I am alone now and it became a little too much for me

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Went down the shore Saturday with my girls and stayed overnight at my daughter's house (who lives on LBI).  We went down to the beach early and stayed practically all day.  It was my first time this year.

They have done a beautiful job replenishing the beach, it's twice as long a walk to the ocean than it used to be.  There are barges on the horizon that continually push the deep ocean sand toward the shoreline.  We saw dolphins.  It was about 85 and sunny most of the day, just a bit breezy, which is how I like it.

They have a service for people like me.  You call them and they meet you in a jeep at the top of the beach and drive you down to where you want to locate.  Wonderful, friendly people.  The area of the beach where we go has no lifeguards, so there was plenty of room to sit anywhere we wanted to sit.  The sand white and clean . . . OMG, I felt like I had just come home!! 

You then call the service when you want to leave and they come and get you.  My daughter and her girls are so lucky they can go out there and look at that magnificent sea whenever they want to.  My daughter goes alone often.  Her girls were born there and take it for granted.  They are working now that it's summer. 

We took some photos and I put them on my FB.  My daughter made cod and salmon and we had roasted potatoes and carrots Saturday night.  (I had leftovers on Sunday and it was still delicious.) 

I could go on and on.  It was the best weekend in a long, long time.  We are such Jersey girls, all we did was laugh and tell jokes.  We're different somehow when we're down there all together, I can't explain it.

Someone had a thread the other day about where you would want to go on vacation.  The only place I would want to go is exactly where I was yesterday!!

Sounds like a marvelous time.  I love beaches as well.  Do, be careful when you to this particular beach (check the web or governmental agencies) about the water quality.  It's not always good at LBI.  Some years certain parts of the beach are closed due to potential bacteria that can affect humans.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyInPA wrote:

Occasionally we go to Ocean City NJ or Lake Wallenpaupak in the Poconos. I think there's something so peaceful & calming about being near water; hearing the waves or ripple of water does it for me. Ahhhh

In addition to LBI ,I  had a place in Lake Wallenpaupak .I loved it there . That is really ,"me"  I sold it when driving there alone (with just my doggie,who also loved it there) got to be a lot for little old me

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Sounds heavenly! 

I'm close to the gulf coast but a beach vacation here is so different than one up north! Give me one up north in the summer! 

Actually, the beaches in the Gulf States seem to rate as some of the "best" right now.

http://dailynewsdig.com/cleanest-beaches-america/

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi @LilacTree  Heart good to see you posting.   Your post made me feel like I was there with you.

LBI is my favorite place to go down the shore.  It is  a  slice of heaven!

Hubby and I are making plans to go in late September.  I can't wait to smell the ocean.........feel it in my face.

@dmod nj

Yep, September's one of the best times to go.  We were lucky this weekend though, at least on our beach, just a few umbrellas here and there.  Gorgeous perfect day for me!!

I post often, on other topics that you perhaps don't see.

Hi Ford,

I am not out and about in the neighborhood much.   Clearly, I've missed your beautifully written posts.  

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family. Smiley Happy

@dmod nj

I've been writing a lot in "Wellness" for a while.  I'm not getting "older and better," LOL.  I write in CC only when I'm pretty sure it will be acceptable.

Thank you, dmod, for your compliment.  Ford

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

Went down the shore Saturday with my girls and stayed overnight at my daughter's house (who lives on LBI).  We went down to the beach early and stayed practically all day.  It was my first time this year.

They have done a beautiful job replenishing the beach, it's twice as long a walk to the ocean than it used to be.  There are barges on the horizon that continually push the deep ocean sand toward the shoreline.  We saw dolphins.  It was about 85 and sunny most of the day, just a bit breezy, which is how I like it.

They have a service for people like me.  You call them and they meet you in a jeep at the top of the beach and drive you down to where you want to locate.  Wonderful, friendly people.  The area of the beach where we go has no lifeguards, so there was plenty of room to sit anywhere we wanted to sit.  The sand white and clean . . . OMG, I felt like I had just come home!! 

You then call the service when you want to leave and they come and get you.  My daughter and her girls are so lucky they can go out there and look at that magnificent sea whenever they want to.  My daughter goes alone often.  Her girls were born there and take it for granted.  They are working now that it's summer. 

We took some photos and I put them on my FB.  My daughter made cod and salmon and we had roasted potatoes and carrots Saturday night.  (I had leftovers on Sunday and it was still delicious.) 

I could go on and on.  It was the best weekend in a long, long time.  We are such Jersey girls, all we did was laugh and tell jokes.  We're different somehow when we're down there all together, I can't explain it.

Someone had a thread the other day about where you would want to go on vacation.  The only place I would want to go is exactly where I was yesterday!!

Sounds like a marvelous time.  I love beaches as well.  Do, be careful when you to this particular beach (check the web or governmental agencies) about the water quality.  It's not always good at LBI.  Some years certain parts of the beach are closed due to potential bacteria that can affect humans.

@Itiswhatitis

We don't swim at all anymore.  I haven't in years and my girls don't anymore either.  My daughter's teenage girls (13 and 16) work the summers now and, as I mentioned, they hardly ever go to the beach since they were born there and it's not "special" to them.  It will be again someday when they're older.

Yes, it's criminal what has been done to our beautiful oceans.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I totally agree with you about LBI ... my home is an oceanfront on LBI .... right now I am writing this note on my deck looking at the glorious ocean .... today is a beautiful, perfect day on LBI .... glad you had a good time!! 😄

I used to have an oceanfront place there on LBI too.  The best area down the shore  and I loved it  <3  I was there during the hurricane .I sold cause I am alone now and it became a little too much for me

@maltesemama

I am so sorry to hear that.  Many of my girls' friends suffered losses so bad that their homes had to come down.  I am so sorry that you can't come down anymore because it's been beautifully restored for the most part. 

But it would be too much for me if I were alone as well. 

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's criminal what has been done to our beautiful oceans.

@LilacTreeI agree 100%.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Sounds heavenly! 

I'm close to the gulf coast but a beach vacation here is so different than one up north! Give me one up north in the summer! 

Actually, the beaches in the Gulf States seem to rate as some of the "best" right now.

http://dailynewsdig.com/cleanest-beaches-america/

That is not news to me. The cleanliness of the beaches never even entered my mind. My vote for northern beaches in the summer has much to do with the weather. It is delightful. Down here it is, at best, meltingly hot & humid.