Honored Contributor

The funniest thing happened I feel like a "dummy"...Kohls

Yesterday I went to exchange a few things I bought on sale and saw a pair of earrings I've been wanting to buy are finally back...so eventhough not on sale I decided to get them.

Today, I was washing the clothes and I looked in bag for the earrings. I do recall the cashier telling me she put them in separate bag.

BUT they were NOT in the bag.  So I call Kohl's - the store manager asked for the info from the receipt to do the reasearch and would call me back.

How interesting -- BIG BROTHER really does watch ...she told me I ran the cashier video and she handed you the little bag and you put in your 'BLACK' handbag so I'll hold on while you check.

OMG ... what a dummy yup they were there!!!  I feel like a idiot!!  She was really nice about it -- then she told me even when people claim they "lose" things in the store they have cameras everywhere...

I can only imagine where other cameras are in other store & places because I never think about that!!! But for sure I will from now on ...can only imagine the camera system in WM --

Honored Contributor

Re: The funniest thing happened I feel like a "dummy"...Kohls

How funny!  Big Sister really is watching.  How fun it would be to get to make those phone calls and hear the embarrassed people stutter and apologize. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy you got your earrings.

It's not something I think about, but it's been in the news before.  I remember some people wanted to make trouble for Whole Foods and said they wrote something inappropriate on the cake they bought.  Sure enough, Whole Foods pulled up their video footage and was only too happy to show the world that they too have cameras everywhere and that person was a big fat liar. The liar dropped their lawsuit and admitted Whole Foods did nothing wrong.

At that time, I couldn't imagine Whole Foods actually had cameras at each register like that!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

How funny!  Big Sister really is watching.  How fun it would be to get to make those phone calls and hear the embarrassed people stutter and apologize. 

@Kachina624 

It was more embarrasing to know that spouse was sitting there just shaking his head and a commercial came on for Prevagen -- he said "I'll get you some!"

The manager said this happens quite often I'm sure like @Alter Ego said.  

I'm surprised where cameras are...I never think about them!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    Tell spouse he gets Minus 10 points for lack of tact and diplomacy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    Tell spouse he gets Minus 10 points for lack of tact and diplomacy. 

@Kachina624 

he has NO FILTER as I call it ... and now that he's here 24/7 (ugh - eyeroll) he's a authority on everything... lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, I sure do identify with you about your no-filter-hubby! I have one as well....drives me crazy sometimes as I never know what he's going to say!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

There are many cameras inside Walmarts focused on every aisle and also outside.  

Next time you are in the store, look up and wave.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why would you enjoy seeing people embarrassed? That seems unkind. You should be embarrassed that you enjoy other people's discomfort. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 

FYI:  Personally I wasn't embarrassed at all I took it with "a grain of salt" worse things could happen & they have in my life🙃