Honored Contributor

Re: The facts, ma'am, only the facts...JonBenet

@ImadickensWhy do we need yet another thread about this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

For me the clincher is the "ransome note".  There is no way an intruder could have/ would have written that, just too preposterous.

Respected Contributor

I'll go on...

Fact: when Det. Arendt suggested they check for anything unusual the two men went to the basement. John told friend to check "over there" while John looked in the Wine cellar. John screamed then went into wine cellar, telling friend who saw him go in the room before he turned on the light that she was found! John carried her stiff body upstairs holding her away from his body. After placing her on floor at detectives order he asked if she were dead. The detective said yes and carried her into living room and placed her under the Christmas tree! (Sorry, that's gruesome to me!) The detective had to tell John to get Patsy, who heard the yelling but stayed put! She threw herself on JB and lay there sobbing. 

Fact: before John found the body, Burke was ushered off to the friend's home. 

Fact: John told his pilot to ready the plane to take family out of state that day. This is before JB had been autopsied or buried!

Fact: when police went to talk to The Ramseys who were also now at the friend's home, they "lawyered up". The story about how this came about changed over time. The Ramseys did not grant an interview to PD for months after the murder. Even then, they had been given access to all evidence that was collected and had been given the questions in advance! The lawyers were present for the interview! Burke only spoke to a social worker, who reported his behavior was consistent with a child hiding something, and acted inappropriately when asked about any sexual behavior and JB. He took the game board they were using and placed it on his head and then twirled it on his head. He admitted he knew what had happened to JB and said everyone would know soon, too! This was found on the video taped meeting!

Fact: the coroner botched the autopsy by using unclean items during the autopsy. There was nothing notable under her nails due to dirty clippers. Partially digested pineapple was found, eaten about 2 hours prior to death. Previous belief she died from strangulation was wrong. A large break in her scull, probably from being hit with a large, hard item, like a big, metal flashlight (similar to one sitting on the kitchen counter. The family could not say if it was theirs or not, yet no officer reported leaving one behind!) Blood between the scull and scalp proved that although she would have died from the blow, she was still alive for a while. The strangulation is what killed her. The pupils confirmed this as did bleeding or absence of it in other organs. Items tested provided little info. There was trace DNA in her underwear...under the elastic waistband and in the seam in the crotch. It is possible she had undergone continuing molestation as the hymen was atrophied and there was vaginal scarring. The pediatrician said he did not find evidence of prior abuse stating he assumes every child is being abused due to wide spread epidemic of abuse. That's why he's sure he looked for it. JB was seen many times for vaginitis, tho he said little girls with vaginitis is commonplace.

Fact: Patsy's sister was allowed back in the house with PD supervision to get things needed for the funeral in Atlanta. John insisted she get his golf bag! She was not allowed down there.

Fact: at the funeral, Burke ran around and played with a friend who went to Atlanta with the family. The boy's mother went along to watch the boys. The only thing Burke did to acknowledge his sister was touch the coffin once. Then the boys ran around in the graveyard. Burke had issues with defficating in JB's room, one smearing feces on a box of chocolates in her room!

There are more facts, but these are the important ones, I think. If I missed any, let me know. If you think I misrepresented anything I'll research it and cite my source.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Children are killed every day in this country, but this case gets all of this attention after all of these years. Why ? Is it just because she was blond and pretty ??

Pretty little blond girl from an upscale family.....gets all the attention all the time.  We hate it when bad things happen to pretty little white girls from "good" families.  If she'd been a little boy, the story would have run for a day and half, maybe 3 days and then it would have dropped from sight.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sorry, but I don't quite think your detective work is complete, nor sufficient to draw any conclusions. If you want to voice an opinion that you think the parents did it, just go ahead and state your opinion.

My opinion--since you brought up the topic--is that an outsider broke in and killed her. And, yes, I've seen numerous programs and read a great deal about it, too.

You are correct on both points! I have stated before I do think they are guilty and I said how I think it happened. I didn't want to make the original post so long so I broke in in two. I was finishing it when you posted. If I left anything important out, please tell me. I did try to be factual. If you feel I wasn't, please tell me where.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree

Jewelwisher wrote:

After reading all the threads on the subject of JonBenet I thought maybe it would help if we all were on the same page, I could be wrong, but hey, why not? So, after reading 4 books and working on the 5th, watching two television shows about it, these are the facts as I know them: 

OP did not say she's an expert.  

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Children are killed every day in this country, but this case gets all of this attention after all of these years. Why ? Is it just because she was blond and pretty ??

Could be. More likely it's because originally she was dressed up to look like a "Lolita" and "little sex pot", John Ramsey's words, not mine! Plus, the family money and bungling of the case keep it going. Just mu opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I agree with the previous 2 posts. And I am sick to death of hearing about it. Not watching anything associated with it.

I'm sorry. My hope was to "centralize" all the chatter about what was fact and what was thought up. I tried to be fair writing only facts that have been given by PD and DA.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@muttmom

"Fact: the Ramsey's know"? That's not a fact; that's speculation on your part. There is no evidence for your assertion whatsover.

I don't remember writing that phrase. Please tell me where in my post it is and I will correct it! Thanks!