Esteemed Contributor

Re: The end of Bill and Melinda Gates' marriage

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My old boss, who was quite wealthy himself, had some marital issues.  He should not have been talking about them to me, but that is another story.  I do remember one thing he said and that was, that once you have made it in business and are successful, you start to look for other "thrills."

I would surmise that many men are either looking for other "thrills" or are looking to relieve some of the stress they have from high pressure or even boring jobs.

I have heard and read that human beings were not meant to be monogamous.  Not sure if that is true or not, but that would explain a lot of this cheating behavior.

Boo Hoo...Don't get married if you can only handle stress and boredom by cheating on your spouse.

@mom2four0418 Well you don't know that at the time you get married.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3  Really!  This is an online

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

The more I read about his behavior i can't imagine his wife staying with him this long. Sad

@SunValley  ITA. I cannot fathom  herstaying so long either, it's been widely reported she's been meeting with divorce lawyers since at least 2019.  A major issue was his meetings with Jeffrey Epstein over a  numberof years. Seems quite likely, at least to me, that he committed despicable, criminal acts while visiting JE.  Of course nothing will happen to him.

Just add  his name to a very large group of mega wealthy males who all sleep better at night since JE died in jail, by "suicide".  Sure..

For me, his philandering with adult females, m arried or single, is nothing compared  to this.

This is pure speculation, @decaf 

@suzyQ3  No, it was reported in WSJ, NYT and elsewhere that the Epstein issue was the impetus for Melinda meeting with divorce lawyers at least two years ago. 

Eta- I feel terrible for her considering the likelihood of his behavior.

Proof that Gates engaged in the same c rap as Epstein. @decaf 

@suzyQ3  Really?  This is a forum, not a court of law.  Plus, reread my original post,  I said "at least to me", so It was my personal opinion. In accord, with many others.  I'm moving on.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@suzyQ3  Really!  This is an online

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

The more I read about his behavior i can't imagine his wife staying with him this long. Sad

@SunValley  ITA. I cannot fathom  herstaying so long either, it's been widely reported she's been meeting with divorce lawyers since at least 2019.  A major issue was his meetings with Jeffrey Epstein over a  numberof years. Seems quite likely, at least to me, that he committed despicable, criminal acts while visiting JE.  Of course nothing will happen to him.

Just add  his name to a very large group of mega wealthy males who all sleep better at night since JE died in jail, by "suicide".  Sure..

For me, his philandering with adult females, m arried or single, is nothing compared  to this.

This is pure speculation, @decaf 

@suzyQ3  No, it was reported in WSJ, NYT and elsewhere that the Epstein issue was the impetus for Melinda meeting with divorce lawyers at least two years ago. 

Eta- I feel terrible for her considering the likelihood of his behavior.

Proof that Gates engaged in the same c rap as Epstein. @decaf 

Really!  This is a forum, not a court of law.  Plus, reread my original post,  I said "at least to me".  I'm moving on.

Thank you, @decaf That was my point.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3   I had edited my last post. 

Honored Contributor

Lot of "experts" on here!

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@suzyQ3   I had edited my last post. 

He's documented as going to the Epstein mansion, but none of the traffiking victims have named him as one of their abusers...As far as anything that has been published at this point.

I think it's bad enough that he went there. But being there does not mean he joined in with the abuse. It does show some support for a very evil man though. Elon Musk has admitted going to that location as well, also after Epstein's conviction. As have many other powerful people. Epstein controlled a lot of money as well as black market "goods" and that made him very powerful and difficult to ignore, just like any other powerful organized crime figure. It is what it is, unfortunately.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    would you turn away a Billionaire's advances? Most  single women probably would not...( maybe even a few married women!) no  matter how unattractive he might be.  The thought of living THAT LIFESTYLE or be given pretty nice gifts that you might live a comfortable life might change the mindset of even the most stanch strong headed   working woman . 

First of all, I wonder if the above claptrap was written by a woman or a man who deeply hates them.

If you are a woman, you don't have any self-respect.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    would you turn away a Billionaire's advances? Most  single women probably would not...( maybe even a few married women!) no  matter how unattractive he might be.  The thought of living THAT LIFESTYLE or be given pretty nice gifts that you might live a comfortable life might change the mindset of even the most stanch strong headed   working woman . 

First of all, I wonder if the above claptrap was written by a woman or a man who deeply hates them.

If you are a woman, you don't have any self-respect.

@GoneButNotForgotten  You are attributing that claptrap to me but it is not mine. You left something out of that post, which I do not appreciate because I disagreed with it.  Geeze....

Respected Contributor

I saw a photo of the doof wearing his wedding ring yesterday.  Seems some of these tech guys are going to excuse bad behavior by saying they are on the spectrum.

OK, right.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  You are attributing that claptrap to me but it is not mine. You left something out of that post, which I do not appreciate because I disagreed with it.  Geeze.

This is what happens when several posts are quoted at once. It's confusing to see who wrote what and the wrong person gets tagged. I normally quit reading when too many posts are quoted, as the original meaning is lost. 

Isn't it possible to eliminate such confusion and only quote the  post that is referred to? That would help immensely. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain