Honored Contributor

Re: The end of Bill and Melinda Gates' marriage

Both of them will survive.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

Hes creepy looking
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We're going to hear a million stories like that; some will and will be lies.  That's how it works.  His problem is that he did a perfect job crafting his lovable, quirky, brilliant rich guy image.  We heard a word about other women or cracks in his marriage.  He's doing what wealthy men in his age group do.  Buying young women for sport and to feel young. 

@chrystaltree I don't know why you write he was "buying" women.  I read no such thing.  If he wanted to "buy" women, there are easier ways to do it than the workplace.  He probably thought he would get women based on his personal qualities, like all other regular men do.  I read nothing about gifts, etc.

Honored Contributor

It surprises me that I'm reading because he is the admired and revered Bill Gates, he's just "human."

But no, not all "men" are dogs and just do this. And I've seen just as many women chasing men in the office too.  But we don't talk about that. 

No not all men cheat or chase women!  There are a great many great men!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

People who need lots of variety in their love lives shoudn't get married, or they should get into consensual mutually open marriages. Traditional marriage + a need for lots of different partners = failure.

Or maybe things started out fine, but one partner or the other changed.

Nowadays there's no need to get into a traditional marriage and then cheat on your vows. Just find the type of relationship that actually works with your personality and preferences, and edit as necessary.

@Porcelain Maybe the wife knowingly acquiesced to his activities, because she liked the lifestyle that she had.  We don't know.  Her youngest child is now 18.  Guessing here, but the empty nest may have made the wife think she didn't want that lifestyle anymore.

Honored Contributor

I saw something on tv about him being friends with Jeffrey Epstein. I read this as well.

https://people.com/human-interest/bill-gates-meetings-jeffrey-epstein-are-a-sore-spot-for-melinda-ga... 

Honored Contributor

People are cheaters in marriages. It's just a matter of how much each party will put up with and for how long. Some can take it to their graves together while others end it when it starts. Some will hang on for a while then end it. I was marrired and divorced X3. They were all cheaters and I wouldn't allow any of it period...no second chances.

Honored Contributor

Nerdy guys can be jerks too. 

Trusted Contributor

No pre-nup.....you go, Girl!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Bill Gates sure doesn't look the part.

No but his billions certainly look the part