Honored Contributor

Re: The effects of the Coronavirus have only just begun

Remember a few years ago when there was cases of ebola virus and people were in a panic?  That's what this is reminding me of now. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Bringing up a bunch of whatifs is counterproductive fearmongering. Either provide facts from reputable health sources, or leave the topic to people who can handle it appropriately. I think the OP should edit her original post to remove the needless, inflammatory speculation. Of course that is jut my opinion and it is fine if others disagree with me.

Not necessarily fear mongering. More like being prepared. If we aren't, there are millions of people who will be affected. Why not prepare and start looking for other sources for our medications than relying so much on China?

How are you personally going to do that? Either your pharmacy benefit management provider has a plan to make sure their in network pharmacies have safe supply pipelines, or they don't. I think most of them do.

I mean, you can call your health insurance company and ask about it, but I don't think they'll have specific enough information for you. If you are willing to pay out of pocket for a non generic, you can schedule an appointment with your doctor and try to figure out with him or her where your various meds are manufactured, and switch them to places a bit less likely to be affected by a pandemic, if one were to occur. But a pandemic affects lots of places and can easily affect the country you switched to as well. If doing something like that makes you feel empowered and lets you worry less, awesome.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care

**Closed for commenting**