Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: The effects of the Coronavirus have only just begun

Oh, but let's think about this.  There's already a cancer causing contaminate in some blood pressure medications produced in China.  I'd be more concerned about that.

Honored Contributor

I'm not doubting that this virus could become a worldwide problem, but unless I personally can do something beyond what I already do, I can't spend my emotional energy on worry.

Respected Contributor

i think the drugs showing success are anti-virals, not antibiotics.

Honored Contributor

Being concerned and prepared often determines who survives and who doesn't. It's not about fear it's about prudence.

Has the death of babies due to formula made in China been forgotten? Is it a surprise that mother's in China who can afford it, feed US baby food to their babies, not the baby food made in China.

While medication made in China may be safe, it shouldn't be the only place it's made.

Respected Contributor

Although the Coronavirus has some unique traits, viruses in general, typically do not live long outside of a host.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Another post meant to raise the fears of those already in a panic 

Agreed.

Wish these kind of posts would stop.

Sensationalistic posts like this doesn't help anyone.

It only causes more fear, panic and hysteria to those who are already prone to that kind of mentality.

If I want to know about the latest on the virus, I'll turn to my actual news, and not rely on those here who love to post sensationalistic headlines.

It gets real old, real fast.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Worrying about the manufacturing source of our drugs is worth it.  I took an Aleve the other day and noticed “Made in China” on the side of the bottle.  

That’s just a common remedy, but we are getting more drugs of importance from outside our country.  We are also seeing an increasing problem with available antibiotics ineffective against certain strains of bacteria, as bacteria mutate.  I know someone hospitalized for a while while one antibiotics after another was tried before one worked.  There are some in Congress trying to pressure for developing new antibiotics.  So far, ???  I don’t stay awake worrying about this whole subject, but I think our dependence on other countries for drugs is worth concern.  I guess knowing a younger, usually healthy person, going through trials of antibiotics brought it home to me.

Trusted Contributor

We should be more concerned about the flu instead of coronavirus.  The flu is killing more people.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  Knock it the heck off.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care