Respected Contributor

Re: The cancercenter commercials

@lulu1 wrote:

@Evie2004 wrote:

@Mz iMac Cancer Centers of America do not accept Medicare insurance coverage, not sure about Medicaid, but pretty sure not.

If Medicare does not pay, then secondary insurance will not pay either.

Last year I had surgery that had it been my primary, my secondary would have paid.  Because Medicare did not pay, my secondary paid nothing.

That’s not true of all insurances,  I do medical billing at the doctor’s office ‘I work for.  I carry Federal Blue Cross and just got on Medicare.  Federal Blue Cross will pay on most procedures if Medicare doesn’t pay.   That’s why I kept them for over 30 years instead of taking out AARP.  Aarp sure won’t pay if Medicare doesn’t.  I rather spend the high cost of the federal blue.  It’s worth it.  

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I've taken time out of my pity party to read every comment here.

Tomorrow I meet my oncology surgeon.  The last 3 weeks have been a blur of testing leading up to the words I dreaded hearing.

@lulu1, I am so hoping that you received good news.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Tomorrow I meet my oncology surgeon.  The last 3 weeks have been a blur of testing leading up to the words I dreaded hearing.

From a sista who has been there-wear your lipstick and earrings, then put 1 foot in front of the other.

I compared my dx and tx to the 3 young men in Scripture who were forced- walking through Nebachanezzer's furnace-an act of faith. They were protected by an angel, why shouldnt you also have the wings of an angel wrapped around your walk of faith and hope.

God bless @lulu1.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1, I am just seeing this now as I haven't been on the board since last Thursday.  I am very, very sorry to read this.  I am hoping for a positive outcome for you.  I will be thinking and praying for you.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay

@Lipstickdiva

@maestra

@suzyQ3

@trenet

@Spurt

@cherry

@Ms tyrion

Thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts. You are all so kind and caring.

I feel better since I met my surgeon.  Surgery is scheduled for the 4th.  Pathology will determine the follow-up course of treatment, if necessary.

Honored Contributor

(((((( @lulu1 )))))))  I am glad you met with your surgeon, you feel a little more comfortable, and that it is scheduled soon.  I'm saying a prayer for you & your family.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Mj12

Thank you.Heart

Honored Contributor

@lulu1, here's hoping no further treatment is necessary and surgery will get rid of it all. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu1-

Thank you for letting us know and we'll keep the prayers going up!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu1, here's hoping no further treatment is necessary and surgery will get rid of it all. 

@Lipstickdiva

OT

It's that time of year.  This weekend will be my only trip to South Bend for awhile.  Our son and my nephews (all with families) will be together, 18 strong.

I need to make a trip to the Grotto. Heart

Go Irish!