Super Contributor

Re: The brutal secrets behind 'The Biggest Loser'

One show that I would never go on? ""Naked and Afraid""!

NO one want to see that! *lol*

Respected Contributor

On 1/18/2015 SugarNSpice said:
On 1/18/2015 SydneyH said:

I know someone who auditioned for the show, the screening process is brutal.

There is a screening process for competition shows from psych evaluation, background checks, interviews, Q&A's, agreements, etc.

These people don't just get on. There is a process.

I was in New York once when they were screening contestants. It was bitter cold and the line was wrapped around the block. Ironically many in line were eating fast food from nearby restaurants.

These potential participants know what they are getting themselves into.

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 muttmom said:
On 1/18/2015 SugarNSpice said:
On 1/18/2015 SydneyH said:

I know someone who auditioned for the show, the screening process is brutal.

There is a screening process for competition shows from psych evaluation, background checks, interviews, Q&A's, agreements, etc.

These people don't just get on. There is a process.

I was in New York once when they were screening contestants. It was bitter cold and the line was wrapped around the block. Ironically many in line were eating fast food from nearby restaurants.

These potential participants know what they are getting themselves into.

BINGO!

All the competition shows have been around for years now. The first year they all came out I could see people using excuses like "they didn't know," but not now!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/18/2015 Bird mama said:

I tried to watch the show in it's beginning and when Jillian Michaels started yelling at one of the lady contestants, I turned it off. I just wanted to put my fist in the trainer's face.

I don't like to watch verbal abuse.

Unfortunately, that verbal abuse is what the fans of this show like to watch.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 croemer said:

I stopped watching years ago because i felt the contestants were being abused...but this is even worse than I suspected. I hope more come forward and dare the show to sue them...because I believe the contract would not hold up in court because this is out and out abuse.

The agreements would hold up in a court of law. We all pay good money for excellent industry law firms to make sure every ""I"" is dotted and every ""T"" is crossed.

The question is if the network or EPs want it to go to court that could give them negative publicity.

Respected Contributor

To this day, I cannot watch anything that has Jillian Michaels. Awhile ago for one or two episodes she was a cohost on The Doctors and was overpowering it. I no longer watched until she was gone.

Super Contributor

I am always shocked how they have them running....their joints are killing them, yet they are told to run.... That can not be good for their knees and hips when heavy. Ride a bike, use an elliptical ....stop with the pounding running until you loose a bunch of weight....or never run at all!
Honored Contributor

My trainer said he heard that they dehydrate before getting weighed in...no water and tons of sweating.

Honored Contributor

On 1/18/2015 brii said: I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped dead yet.

I know!

Honored Contributor

On 1/18/2015 Ilikeshade said:

To this day, I cannot watch anything that has Jillian Michaels. Awhile ago for one or two episodes she was a cohost on The Doctors and was overpowering it. I no longer watched until she was gone.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. There has always been something about her that I just can not stand.