Honored Contributor

The big top comes down: Ringling Bros. circus is closing

Have to say I am happy to see this.... Never liked the way circuses use animals for entertainment purposes.  Like Sea World, it is a lesson hopefully learned.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-big-top-comes-down-ringling-bros-circus-is-closing/ar-AAlSxkf?l...

Honored Contributor

Re: The big top comes down: Ringling Bros. circus is closing

I saw that this morning.  So happy!  It's too bad they're performing 30 more shows before closing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I am also glad it is closing.  I went once as a child and even then felt bad for the animals.   If people want to see exotic animals, then visit someplace like the Bronx zoo where they at least have land to roam. 

QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

I have been praying for this for years....

Esteemed Contributor

Time and taste moves on - however, I'd rather see animals engaged in doing something instead of seeing big beautiful ones (tiger as example) pacing and standing in an empty square looking at you (zoo) while you look at him/her.  Or a huge fish swimming around and around in limited space.  What happened to - 'born free'? (song)   Visit to a zoo makes me sad.

Super Contributor

i don't like Zoos or the Circus... wish wild animals from other continents had

never been brought here in the first place ...

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Time and taste moves on - however, I'd rather see animals engaged in doing something instead of seeing big beautiful ones (tiger as example) pacing and standing in an empty square looking at you (zoo) while you look at him/her.  Or a huge fish swimming around and around in limited space.  What happened to - 'born free'? (song)   Visit to a zoo makes me sad.

If you are seeing animals pacing in empty squares or big fish swimming in limited space you are visiting and thereby supporting the wrong places.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Plus ,now these poor Elephants will be used in Cancer  RESEARCH   Smiley Sad

This is sooooo sad ! They have paid enough they should have been able to live on in  Freedom and  Peace!

Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

I am also glad it is closing.  I went once as a child and even then felt bad for the animals.   If people want to see exotic animals, then visit someplace like the Bronx zoo where they at least have land to roam. 

better yet go on a Safari where the animals are free and not in cages. Hopefully Zoos will be the next to go. Zoos are terrible.