Respected Contributor

@GRACIE

Your post (and the responses) is definitely the best gift I will receive this year.

Not because I don't have my own loved ones, but as I've aged, my ideas of "gifts" has drastically changed.  "Gifts" equal kindness, understanding, empathy and especially simple attention.

You hit a home run, Gracie!

Wishing you all another year of "gifts"!!

Denise
Valued Contributor

My neighbor came over early this morning we had raisin cake she baked and tea.She asked me to come over more often. Her grandson pick up  her up for Christmas.

Thanks everyone for your uplifting comments,kindness is not lost. 

Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@GRACIE

Your post (and the responses) is definitely the best gift I will receive this year.

Not because I don't have my own loved ones, but as I've aged, my ideas of "gifts" has drastically changed.  "Gifts" equal kindness, understanding, empathy and especially simple attention.

You hit a home run, Gracie!

Wishing you all another year of "gifts"!!

@denisemb @GRACIE   Agree with both of you and as I've aged what passes for "gifts" has changed as well.  When BF was alive we decided instead of gifts to get each other a card and after the holidays we'd go out to a really nice restaurant after the crowds and all the hoopla settled down.  We enjoyed that much more than trying to figure out what to get each other.  

Trusted Contributor

@GRACIE This brings tears to my eyes just thinking about the dear lady being alone now and how much your gift meant to her. Looking out for our neighbors is what life is all about.  Such a sweet and beautiful story.