Esteemed Contributor

I am watching this silly little show, Sex Sent Me to the ER, (eye opening sometimes, lol), and this commercial came on with Oprah. She says she's not trying to get into a certain pair of jeans, or a dress to go to some big event, she just wants to make 2016 the year of her best body, and wants us to join her in this quest.

I think she is in her early 60s. I am as fit as they come for my age, exercise regularly with Hot Yoga, treadmill, weights, etc., etc., etc.,  but I can guarantee you, whatever I do, this will NOT be the Year of My Best Body. I think that was about 40 years ago. I am the same weight and size as I was in college, but Gravity has  encroached and my skin has changed. What do you think? Is the year of your best body about what you weigh?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Year of Our Best Bodies

No I don't but exercise and eating right has been my lifestyle for most of my life.  I'm the person that doesn't  feel right if I don't exercise.  Besides I love to dress and I want my clothes to look good. I am over 50 and wouldn't be able to wear many of the clothes I do if I didn't.  I look better than I did when I was younger but most importantly I feel better.

Respected Contributor

I guess if you've been at an unhealthy weight your whole adulthood, as perhaps Oprah has, this could be the year of your best body.  But I agree, MaggieMack, if you've always been at a healthy weight and taken care of yourself, aging sure isn't going to make it get better lol

Honored Contributor

I try

Respected Contributor

i am about the same weight i always have been, but work out now where i didn't when i was younger.  i didn't have the time!  still, i would love to be able to turn back the hands of time.  the bloom is off the rose! 

Honored Contributor

Tangential (somewhat) to this thread, here is one about the commercial itself:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Oprah-weight-watcher-commercial/m-p/2419615/highlight/tru...

Respected Contributor

Ummm, that would have been 1977.

The best I can go for now is healthy & work at losing a few lbs.  Never gonna get that "best body" back again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maggie, your post made me laugh.  I'm also in my 60's and certain things are never going to look the same, even though I've stayed fit and worked out my entire life. Stuff happens. I'm healthy though. Maybe we need to think of this as an inside job.  Smiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

As of this morning, I exercised 3 days in a row.    I think I've just about had it........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Ummm, that would have been 1977.

The best I can go for now is healthy & work at losing a few lbs.  Never gonna get that "best body" back again.

1975 for me. Smiley Happy  Blame it on gravity now.  Can't get wrinkles off of bones. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."