Honored Contributor

Re: The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - 40th Anniversary

How 'bout:

Brandy....you're a fine girl

What a good wife you would be.....

Honored Contributor

If there's ever a film about the Wreck, I think there's already a song just perfect for the film..... right, Gordon?

Trusted Contributor

I had the distinct pleasure of taking care of Captain McSorley's wife, Nellie when I was a young nurse in Toledo, Ohio.  It was shortly after his ship went down and I was so afraid that I might say something to upset her.  I moved to Michigan shortly thereafter, and have been to the  UP many, many times.  Lake Superior is awe inspiring to say the least.  A beautiful lake, it is always cold, raw and forboding. My heart goes out to those poor souls lost that day.

Trusted Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

I had the distinct pleasure of taking care of Captain McSorley's wife, Nellie when I was a young nurse in Toledo, Ohio.  It was shortly after his ship went down and I was so afraid that I might say something to upset her.  I moved to Michigan shortly thereafter, and have been to the  UP many, many times.  Lake Superior is awe inspiring to say the least.  A beautiful lake, it is always cold, raw and forboding. My heart goes out to those poor souls lost that day.

As I was reading through the posts here, I was thinking about the lake. It is so incredibly beautiful. The word that came to my mind about it too was "forboding." There is something about it though, that just seems that way.

Honored Contributor

@cherry   Here is my thread about it from last year - there are some good posts in this thread and also the Youtube link to the song.

Love Gordon Lightfoot - who turns 78 years old on November 14th. Happy Birthday Gordon, and good for you to still be touring!  Smiley Happy

I've seen Lightfoot in concert many, many times, most recently two years ago.