Honored Contributor

Re: The Worst Thing You Stepped On In Bare Feet Is…

[ Edited ]

I never go barefoot outside, always barefoot inside though.

Was never allowed to as a kid and just got used to it.

Lots of my neighbors are barefoot inside and out all day.  Young and old.  Hot cement, the hot street.  Don't know how they do it!

The neighbors next door have a big patch of clover in the middle of their back yard and I'd be so afraid of bees.  (For their dog, too.)

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 @I have a related story. 

Trusted Contributor

A bee that ended up stinging my foot! Of course it swelled up and went to work the next day hobbling and in pain... 😟

That was the first and last time l walked outside barefoot!

Valued Contributor

@FS74 wrote:

Legos or Jacks, take your pick

Jacks, without a doubt, jacks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was about 10, was barefoot and stepped in a hole in the back yard....little did I know there was a bee nest in that hole.  The bees did not like their home being invaded so they invaded me, up my jeans, up my shirt and everywhere else they could invade.  I do not remember the after effects but knowing my mother, she took care of the damage!

Us kids also liked to walk barefoot in the street gutters after a large rain, wading through the water. Never failed I would step on a nail..always!

Honored Contributor

Back in the day when the windows on everyone's car were always rolled down and children went barefoot all day long.  Jumped into my Mom's '68 Mustang put my barefoot on a bumble bee.  It hurt bad!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

A garter snake which wrapped around my foot as I stepped on it.  He didn't die, but was probably deaf after hearing my prolonged screams!

Esteemed Contributor

I left my fur lined boots in the locker room at work. When I got dressed to go home, I put my foot in the boot and felt something soft, which I initially thought a sock as I was wearing panty hose. Luckily I didn’t step down but I felt movement and turned the boot upside down and out fell a small live mouse. He was probably curled up nicely inside the boot for a warm winter’s nap.
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Cat barf. They always seem to know just where to barf so it will have the greatest effect.

amen to that!

I see them retching over bare floor but they scamper to the white part of the rug to make the deposit.

@x Hedge 

Isn't that the truth?!😂

My vet verified this. No one knows why but cats love to puke on white carpeting. They'll take other colors if no white is available but it it's white, they're on it like a cheap suit.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happened while in high school.  I didn't exactly step on it but while jumping up to reach something on the shelf in my closet I landed on one of my track shoes...spike side up.  ****** that hurt and I didn't get to run hurdles that week either!