Honored Contributor

The Willis Clan on Megan Kelly Today

I remember watching the Reality show and enjoying it.  Really shocking that the father is in prison for 40 years now for sexual abuse. Just WOW!.. I do think that they were very talented... and watching the show and the Father and the Mother on the show, I never would have thought!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Willis Clan on Megan Kelly Today

And in my opinion his false image is how he got away with his actions so long.   I do wish the best for the mother and children.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Was this the musical family on TLC? If so, what happened?

Respected Contributor

Yeah, that is one messed up family.  Very talented, but so much ugliness behind the scenes.  

Just google "Willis family" to learn more.  Plus on youtube there are some videos of performances.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

Think they were on America's Got Talent. 

As the previous poster said it's probably better to google than post here. Yes, they also had a TLC show.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@panda1234  Just google it.  Lots of info on the story.....

Honored Contributor

The dad seemed very controlling in the show. Fundie families are breeding grounds for secrets. 

Honored Contributor

This sort of thing can happen in small to large families in any walks of life, people are people.  So very sad for this family I enjoyed watching the few episodes I saw before it all fell apart. So very talented.

I read awhile back the oldest daughter I believe got married and was trying to distance herself from the family and had started a jewelry line with her husband.  I hope the family finds peace and their Mother can keep them as strong as possible. 

That father disgusted me by his abuse actions then his running away from the authorities.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I just saw the Megan Kelly Show and hope for the best for these young people.  I think they most likely will need life long therapy especially the boys if they don't want to follow in their father's footsteps.  Weird how that happens.  Children becoming their abusive parent or parents later in life.  Hope that is not their fate.  

Honored Contributor

Apparently the Mom knew this had been going on and did nothing. 

Easy to harbor secrets in a strict patriarchal family.