Honored Contributor

Re: The Wearing of the Masks.

[ Edited ]

In Japan it is against the law to not wear a mask if you are feeling ill, have a cold, allergies with runny nose.  You be fined if  you are found ill, coughing without a mask.  They are in such tight quarters in the big cities.  Living spaces can be10 square feet.  The Japanese are always so cautious yet I could never figure out the public bathing thing.  

Honored Contributor

First they said wear the masks. Then they said the masks do no good. Now they say only wear the mask if you are sick and are out in public. If you are sick, don't go out in public!
I don't think there are any masks to buy anywhere around here, so a moot point for most of us.
Honored Contributor

If they asked everyone to wear one, I would... but there is a shortage of masks due to hoarding and just not enough manufactured prior to this pandemic so I guess that is not going to happen.

Valued Contributor

I found this information on the CDC website (search CDC and "wearing masks"). The article references the flu, as there aren't studies completed regarding masks and Covid-19. I work on the frontlines in healthcare and yes, I wear a mask in public.

A respirator can be selected when antiviral medication supplies are expected to be limited and influenza vaccine is not available, e.g., during a pandemic