Trusted Contributor

I was under the impression that if you wore a mask you were protecting others from your illness.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Wearing of the Masks.

@Junebug54 wrote:

I was under the impression that if you wore a mask you were protecting others from your illness.   Not the other way around.   

Honored Contributor

On the news it was reported not to wear a mask if you are not sick.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

I was under the impression that if you wore a mask you were protecting others from your illness.   Not the other way around.   

@Junebug54  That is correct

Valued Contributor

I know they are telling us masks are not necessary if you are not sick and they won't protect us.

I wonder why many people in China wear them.   Doubt they are all sick.  Maybe it just gives them a false sense of security.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I know they are telling us masks are not necessary if you are not sick and they won't protect us.

I wonder why many people in China wear them.   Doubt they are all sick.  Maybe it just gives them a false sense of security.

Their air quality is very bad, has been for a long time. (Pollution)

- supposedly they are working on it -

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

@ SeaMaiden - Thanks for the link.  Interesting!

Honored Contributor

If we could get everyone to wear masks, the unidentified infected people would be a bit less contagious to everyone else. But we don't have enough, so we can't.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it makes you feel safe there is nothing wrong with it.  My house cleaners came to day the wore sterile foot covers, gloves and a mask.  I stayed in my room. I saw them arrive on ring.  They suited up by front porch.  Made me feel better.

if anyone coughs, sneezes or deeply clears throat it would be helpful