Super Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I was playing "The Voodoo Twist" when trick or treaters came to my door, a wonderful little ditty by Johnny Winter and several children who came trick or treating made fun of it. i have to believe they have no understanding of classic music. The song was released in 1961 and has been a Halloween favorite of mine for decades. It makes me question why we even bother with Halloween if children disrespect their elders. 

I've never heard of Voodoo Twist.

'Classic?'  The Winter brothers are classic but I would question if

the song was as classic as you proclaim.

The extremely young kids, who probably have never even heard of THRILLER, just thought it was a odd, bee-bop song.

"Disrepect'?  
Why not just enjoy the sweet children...it's their night.🙄

THRILLER way better song. 

@Nbo 

Yes...definitely!

And the way everyone can do the dance..love it. 

They don't make music and videos like that anymore. I tell my kids 80's was the best music. Of course I am sure everyone has a different opinion. That was when I was in my teens so of course I will be partial to that decade.

@Nbo 

I totally agree.

I grew up with MTV, as well.

Though there IS something about marrying the senses together

that produces a more favorable outcome.  Visual & audio...hear a song

and it gets reinforced with a visual remembrance, as well. 

I would probably still be watching MTV if they would show music videos.  

Respected Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I was playing "The Voodoo Twist" when trick or treaters came to my door, a wonderful little ditty by Johnny Winter and several children who came trick or treating made fun of it. i have to believe they have no understanding of classic music. The song was released in 1961 and has been a Halloween favorite of mine for decades. It makes me question why we even bother with Halloween if children disrespect their elders. 

I've never heard of Voodoo Twist.

'Classic?'  The Winter brothers are classic but I would question if

the song was as classic as you proclaim.

The extremely young kids, who probably have never even heard of THRILLER, just thought it was a odd, bee-bop song.

"Disrepect'?  
Why not just enjoy the sweet children...it's their night.🙄

THRILLER way better song. 

@Nbo 

Yes...definitely!

And the way everyone can do the dance..love it. 

They don't make music and videos like that anymore. I tell my kids 80's was the best music. Of course I am sure everyone has a different opinion. That was when I was in my teens so of course I will be partial to that decade.

the 60s had the best music.