Respected Contributor

Re: The Voice Tonight --Live shows

Shakira said she worries about her appearance. Well she shouldn't. She is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 scotttie said:

Oh that's not right. They should give her a do over.

It was fantastic. I'm going to download that.

I can not believe she doesn't get a chance to sing again...how unfair!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Jake Worthington. DOWNLOAD!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/21/2014 scotttie said:

Shakira said she worries about her appearance. Well she shouldn't. She is beautiful.

I agree, Shakira is absolutely beautiful. I love it when she wears her hair up to really show her features though.

Esteemed Contributor

My complaint is all the screaming, don't people sing anymore? Kristen was sounding so good when I suddenly realized there was no sound coming from the mic. I hope people vote for what they did hear, it was great but I agree she should have been given a chance to sing it again.

Even with the screaming there is a lot of great talent there and it is hard to just vote for one or two.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

I don't consider being able to hit high notes on key with volume, screaming or shrieking. It's a sign of vocal range, strength, and control. Usually the ones who can do that with accuracy are also capable of doing low key ballads with expertise as well. They are the more versatile singers.

Honored Contributor

Kristen sang long enough to be evaluated, there are no do-overs in live performances.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 lizzief said: I just wish these singing competitions would focus more on voice, and less on shouting and shrieking. Some of these people have beautiful voices, but each one has to overpower the next. Adam is just talking now that the best part of the last performance was the restraint - I agree, her voice was beautiful.

I've turned the channel numerous times this season because of the shrieking and "competition" overpowering. I also turn the channel when one of them drops to their knees in the name of intensity. Blech.

I do kind of like Josh and the country singer guy of Blake's. They both seem authentic to me.

Honored Contributor

I kind of wish no one ever got to see any of these singers and that the competition remain all about The Voice (alone) throughout.

Only when a winner is chosen would we see them.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I don't consider being able to hit high notes on key with volume, screaming or shrieking. It's a sign of vocal range, strength, and control. Usually the ones who can do that with accuracy are also capable of doing low key ballads with expertise as well. They are the more versatile singers.

I don't either.

But there has been some shrieking.