Respected Contributor

Re: The Voice -Knockout Rounds 10/27 --spoilers

On 10/28/2014 focksie said:

I also love Mad World which is coming up after the commercial, but Nobody can sing that song like Adam Lambert. If you haven't heard him, you must google it on Youtube.

I totally agree!!! Nobody sings like Adam Lambert!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Where's everyone? LOL.

I got chills from Ricky's Wrecking Ball.

I watched it late on dvr and forgot to check in!

Oh yeah, he really really nailed Wrecking Ball. I couldn't believe Pharrell chose the other contestant but I think he really sees something in him. I was glad Gwen stole Ricky.

Pharrell is just so kind.

I didn't like any of the other songs either.

Next week it looks like they are going to do "Sin Wagon" hope she does a good job on it. That is a real toe tapper.

Respected Contributor

About the songs, I don't think they get to pick just any song. I think they have a list to choose from. I don't know that for a fact but judging by the fact that they often choose the same songs each season you have to wonder. For example, every year somebody does "Jolene". Can't imagine young people choosing that one on their own.

Also, one year one of Blake's girls was a reggae singer. When Blake let her go, he said he would have liked her to do a reggae song and she said she had wanted to but couldn't (or words to that effect.)

Honored Contributor

Where's everyone? LOL.

Hi scottie! So did I! I actually got to watch it in real time tonight. I remember when Matt sang it, and I was upset Christina gave him that to sing. It would be sacrilege for me to say Ricky sang it better, but. . ! Wink

Disappointed to see Troy go - he was so much fun, but Taylor did a better job with his song.

So far I've been pretty happy with the coaches' choices. I was sad to see young Tanner go last night. I like everyone this season. There seems to be a happy vibe in the house. I REALLY like Pharrell and Gwen as coaches! Wish they could stay. Best combo of the four yet! Before this, I didn't even know much about Pharrell at all!

You're right about their choosing of the song. It's not entirely their choice at all! Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 scotttie said:

Taylor is doing a phenominal job of coaching.

I thought so too. She is giving great stage-presentation advice which the contestants can implement right away. I also love this group of judges; they are playing well together! Even Blake and Adam are behaving! I think Farrell has a calming, quiet effect on the judges.

Valued Contributor

On 10/29/2014 corita said:

I thought so too. She is giving great stage-presentation advice which the contestants can implement right away. I also love this group of judges; they are playing well together! Even Blake and Adam are behaving! I think Farrell has a calming, quiet effect on the judges.

I agree with everything you posted. I'd much rather see these judges in the next season, but I hear that Christina is returning. Not looking forward to that. Pharrell just seems so down to earth to me and I agree, he seems very calming.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/28/2014 scotttie said:

About the songs, I don't think they get to pick just any song. I think they have a list to choose from. I don't know that for a fact but judging by the fact that they often choose the same songs each season you have to wonder. For example, every year somebody does "Jolene". Can't imagine young people choosing that one on their own.

Also, one year one of Blake's girls was a reggae singer. When Blake let her go, he said he would have liked her to do a reggae song and she said she had wanted to but couldn't (or words to that effect.)

I agree, scottie. I doubt the contestants have carte blanche with song selection. There is no way they would chose the songs that were being sung. Because I feel song selection is so important, while an avid fan, I confess I didn't enjoy Monday or Tuesday. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 10/28/2014 scotttie said:

I agree, scottie. I doubt the contestants have carte blanche with song selection. There is no way they would chose the songs that were being sung. Because I feel song selection is so important, while an avid fan, I confess I didn't enjoy Monday or Tuesday. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Yes, song selection is key. Exactly why Pharrell kept the one young man and not the one who did the better job.

Respected Contributor

On 10/28/2014 beach-mom said:

Where's everyone? LOL.

Hi scottie! So did I! I actually got to watch it in real time tonight. I remember when Matt sang it, and I was upset Christina gave him that to sing. It would be sacrilege for me to say Ricky sang it better, but. . ! Wink

Disappointed to see Troy go - he was so much fun, but Taylor did a better job with his song.

So far I've been pretty happy with the coaches' choices. I was sad to see young Tanner go last night. I like everyone this season. There seems to be a happy vibe in the house. I REALLY like Pharrell and Gwen as coaches! Wish they could stay. Best combo of the four yet! Before this, I didn't even know much about Pharrell at all!

You're right about their choosing of the song. It's not entirely their choice at all! Wink

AHA!

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 HisElk said:
On 10/29/2014 corita said:

I agree with everything you posted. I'd much rather see these judges in the next season, but I hear that Christina is returning. Not looking forward to that. Pharrell just seems so down to earth to me and I agree, he seems very calming.

Yes, he is very calming, I agree. I would love to see Taylor become a permanent fixture in her capacity that she is helping this season. I doubt she would want to become a full time coach but she'd be good.