Respected Contributor

As for my comment that "they have no room to talk about looks...."

meaning that looks have nothing to do with it, you can be just as ugly with words.

Why would any of them say hurtful things about another woman on tv? I'm sure they have had it done to them and it hurt . so why continue the meanness? They know better.

Honored Contributor

No they don't.

Respected Contributor

I could have sworn I read here many times in the past that posters didn't watch this show because they detested it. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

The View women were all over Don Trump for his snarky comments. Yet they continue to make snarky comments themselves. Yet they are not smart enough to see it. It isn't,t a war on women. It is a war on the opposite party women.

Oh please .....    The View has two women who are/have been stand up comics, Joy and Whoopi.     The Talk also has two, Aisha and Sheryl.   Those women always go "edgy" with their comments.  Doesn't mean they are picking on anyone.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I have never seen the View, but don't ALL comedians denigrate, make fun of, ridicule, people and things?  Especially politicians...?flashing back to Dan Ackroyd doing the Richard Nixon, " I am not a crook" and Saturday Night Live's lampooning of every president since...Gerald Ford falling, Ronald Reagan forgetting, etc etc

tbat is what comedians do, and I assume these women(at least I know Whoppiie is) are comedians?

While to some point I agree about comedians, there is a huge difference between making fun of someones forgetfulness or lack of balance and a persons looks.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: The View's war on Women

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Mothertrucker  Exactly.  As someone who does watch and did watch that episode, it was an attempt at a joke that Paula who is not a comedienne kind of corrected her on but Whoopi took Michelle's side and continued to make light of it.  My opinion but I've noticed some tension between Whoopi and Paula.  I don't think that's a natural match and they disagreed on Michelle's attempt at humor.    

Also my opinion that some of the comments in this thread are more horrible than anything that was ever said on that show.  No one has an excuse to be mean and it's beyond worse when it's not an attempt at a joke but someone behind a keyboard anonymously making fun of another human being, even a well known one, just for sport.  Maybe it's possible that the hosts were playing down to our current social etiquette level which to me is a very sad thing.            

Women in comedy are the same as the men .... it's hit or miss.   Not every comment works, but I guess it's bash the View day.

It was about 18 months ago that Joan Rivers made a joke about the 3 girls in Ohio and everybody lost their minds.   Not every joke works.

I'm pretty sure that the producers of both the Talk and the View want some outrageous comments made .... at least here and there.   It's what gets the shows discussed.

Respected Contributor

If you admittedly don't like watching something why look for things about it just to get yourself riled up? 

Too funny. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Mothertrucker  Exactly.  As someone who does watch and did watch that episode, it was an attempt at a joke that Paula who is not a comedienne kind of corrected her on but Whoopi took Michelle's side and continued to make light of it.  My opinion but I've noticed some tension between Whoopi and Paula.  I don't think that's a natural match and they disagreed on Michelle's attempt at humor.    

Also my opinion that some of the comments in this thread are more horrible than anything that was ever said on that show.  No one has an excuse to be mean and it's beyond worse when it's not an attempt at a joke but someone behind a keyboard anonymously making fun of another human being, even a well known one, just for sport.  Maybe it's possible that the hosts were playing down to our current social etiquette level which to me is a very sad thing.            

Women in comedy are the same as the men .... it's hit or miss.   Not every comment works, but I guess it's bash the View day.

It was about 18 months ago that Joan Rivers made a joke about the 3 girls in Ohio and everybody lost their minds.   Not every joke works.

I'm pretty sure that the producers of both the Talk and the View want some outrageous comments made .... at least here and there.   It's what gets the shows discussed.

SO because they are "trying" to be funny, you are ok giving them a pass to make fun of another persons looks?  Thought we were trying to get past tearing each other down, even for laughs.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I always look for the view to be hypocritical. Peace out. Getting immature in here.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

those women only give props and love to people who are of the same ilk as they are. I know I don't have to tell you what that ilk is

Okay ... I give up  .....   just what "ilk" are you talking about?

"ilk" is one of the most OVERUSED words on these forums!......and most of the time used in a negative way......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein