Respected Contributor

Re: The View hires new people

OK I will ask again since my post was removed for baiting? Seriously I was asking I thought the show was cancelled or not renewed. How that is baiting is beyond me. 

I have actually seen the show in person when Joy used to be on and it was fun to go to a live taping. 

I am not at home so I don't watch tv during the day. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

Is Whoopi Goldberg still on there?  How long has Barbara been gone?

@Mellie32  Current hosts are Whoopi, Joy Behar, Sunny Hoskins, Sarah Haines, Jed Bila, Candance Cameron Bure, Paula Farris, and Raven Symone.  They rotate some of those.

Barbara has been gone for several years.  

I knew Barbara had been gone for awhile, I just didn't know how long.  I wonder if that's when it all started to go downhill.  

I personally don't care for Barbara Walters so I was glad when she retired.  I think they lost it after the whole Rosie (the first time) and Elizabeth shambles.  They never quite found any real host chemistry (good or bad) after that season, in my opinion.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

has it gone downhill? hmmmmm.....not to me......

I thought ratings weren't very good after she left.  

Respected Contributor

Barbara Mandrell

Barbara Bush

What is her name??

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

has it gone downhill? hmmmmm.....not to me......

I thought ratings weren't very good after she left.  

if the ratings were that bad i am sure they would cancel the show. they actually renewed it for another season back in february.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I personally don't care for Barbara Walters so I was glad when she retired.  I think they lost it after the whole Rosie (the first time) and Elizabeth shambles.  They never quite found any real host chemistry (good or bad) after that season, in my opinion.  

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

barbara walters

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

Is Whoopi Goldberg still on there?  How long has Barbara been gone?

@Mellie, yes Ms. "I'm always right and never wrong" Goldberg is still there.  They will have to drag her off with a hook.  I don't know who Barbara is.

I guess I'll get reprimanded for not knowing Barbara, lol.

I can't even think of her last name now --- she started the entire show, I think.  Barbara....... 

OHHHHHH, "Barbara WA WA"...Walters.  I think she is retired and only does a few specials a couple of times a year.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

OK I will ask again since my post was removed for baiting? Seriously I was asking I thought the show was cancelled or not renewed. How that is baiting is beyond me. 

I have actually seen the show in person when Joy used to be on and it was fun to go to a live taping. 

I am not at home so I don't watch tv during the day. 

i actually responded to your post (could not remember if it was on this thread or the one in the tv forums though.) it was renewed back in february and was never cancelled. i would love to go to a live taping.....one of these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I can't stop chuckling since I opened this thread, @MyGirlsMom and @sunshine45 you HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

LOL

heh heh heh

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow