Honored Contributor

Re: The Trees Are Beautiful Here in NEPA.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Enjoy! I love PA in the fall! It is just breathtaking! Sadly, it has been many years since I was there in the fall. I’m in Central Florida and there are no fall colors to drive around and see.

We do have some really fun Halloween decorations in my neighborhood but that is as good as it gets for fall scenary here.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   I lived about 35 years in Houston where there are zero, zip, nada autumn leaves.  I now virtually devour them with my eyes every year.  I missed them so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The trees are beautiful in SE PA too! 

DH and I went for a drive to check out some of the local covered bridges in Bucks, Co this afternoon....very pretty winding roads off the beaten path with lovely bridges and such colorful trees. 

We waited for the perfect day ...the weather was gorgeous today! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm also in NEPA and I'm LOVING the beautiful autumn colors. Last year wasn't so great but this year is just fantastic. I do wish that the weather was a bit cooler though!

Words can say! Quotes on Instagram: ““Mother Nature has the best box of  crayons” #Quotes #WordsCanSay” | Mother nature, Autumn lights, Nature

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@shoesnbags   I lived about 35 years in Houston where there are zero, zip, nada autumn leaves.  I now virtually devour them with my eyes every year.  I missed them so much.

@Kachina624 

I'm a NOLA native who spent a few years in central Ohio (Go Buckeyes!) when I was younger.  I enjoyed the autumn colors but absolutely couldn't stand the cold grey midwestern winters.  Too depressing for too many months.  So I'll gladly forgo the autumn colors knowing that I get to enjoy flowers and green landscape in January and February.   Meanwhile one of my kids lives in Chicago and loves it.  Different strokes for different folks. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   We have quite a blaze of autumn color here in the Albuquerque area but moderate temps most of the time and consistent deep blue skies. Too much sun.  Once in a while we get a couple inches of snow which is gone by noon.  Perfect.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

This year we won't be going to the Poconos to leaf watch as we always do, for obvious reasons. I've got some gorgeous photos I took a few years ago at the Delaware Water Gap the last weekend of October. It was so gorgeous it took my breath away. Cars were pulled over on Route 80, which is a pretty well-traveled highway, and you'd think, why are all these cars pulled over on the side of the road? To look at the foliage, that's why!

This season we haven't really gone out, and the view outside my window doesn't have red and golden leaves yet. Hopefully if we have no windstorms, the colors will come out in about a week or so. I so look forward to it!

Happy Autumn to all!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett