Honored Contributor

Re: The Top Fast Food Resturants -- Poll

Tim Horton's, Wendy's, BK

Contributor

I'd go to a McDonald's a lot faster than I would go to a Pizza Hut or a Papa John's, there are other options on the menu other than a Big Mac or Chicken Nuggets. I do eat Panera and Chipotle regularly but I would never eat Chik-fil-A for personal reasons and I HATE Subway. Whenever I think Subway I think "disgusting cheap meat" and "BPA bread" so the fact that this chain is in the top 10 totally negates the whole list for me.

Respected Contributor

Wendy's, Taco Bell and der Weinersnitzel (which isn't even mentioned) are just a few of my guilty pleasures. Smiley Happy I pay homage to each one of them at least annually.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how many states have Taco Time but it's my favorite choice for reasonably fresh fast food. I prefer Five Guys to any of the other highly-touted burger joints.

While we were in AZ we tried a Chic-Fil-whatever out of curiousity and could not understand why the restaurants are so hyped.
Respected Contributor

We just got a Five Guys here and haven't tried it yet. But we will! I don't get the Chick-fill-A thing either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

McDonald's deserves it's title of worst fast food restaurant, IMO.

Everything is fake, filled with chemicals and tastes terrible. I got an apple smoothie - big mistake. FILLED with sugar and fake stuff. I actually couldn't finish it...and I'll eat almost anything!

I just looked it up - the small smoothie has 44 grams of sugar - the large - 70 grams.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

We don't have some of those restaurants where I live.

I also wonder why Starbucks didn't make the list?  For breakfast, I like their oatmeal and their fruit and yogurt parfait.

I also go there for sandwiches at lunchtime.

I like Starbuck's Brie and Bacon Egg sandwich. It's SMALL - 340 calories, yet fills me up for hours.

Respected Contributor

We have a lot of local fast food restaurants that are much better than the national chains. Wahoo Fish Tacos, Homestyle Hawaiian, Hodads, Evolution Fast Food...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

We have a lot of local fast food restaurants that are much better than the national chains. Wahoo Fish Tacos, Homestyle Hawaiian, Hodads, Evolution Fast Food...

I LOVE fish tacos..one of our trucks does them sometimes...you're lucky!

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

The only one on the top choices I got to is Chipotle.

I'm with Chynna Blue. In N Out Burger and 5 Guys are excellent places for burgers. I like WhatABurger too. 

I don't go to ChikFilet  for a lot of reasons. I go to Starbuck's instead of Dunkin Donuts. There are way better pizza places than Papa Johns. Pizza Hut is just plain nasty

My fast food treat is Taco Bell. For some reason, I love their tacos and burritos. I like Subway for sandwiches. Rubio's is good for fish tacos.

I wonder if this list was compiled of a cross section of ages. The top choices don't really sound like places young people would go to.

So Mystrion, you really like 5 Guys eh?  I went there once and it just didn't go well.  A new one opened by me a while ago, maybe I'll give them another try.  I love burgers and was so disappointed that I really didn't enjoy mine.

Oh great, now I have to go eat ANOTHER burger . . . Smiley Happy