Honored Contributor

Re: The TODAY show has turned into Mommy and Me

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The choices are becoming limited to Mommy & Me, or Snippy Arguing Couples, or Feminists Rule Supreme.  Not the morning shows of Jane Pauley for sure.

@beckyb1012

I have no idea what you're referring to.   Who are the "snippy arguing couples" and the "feminists rule supreme"?

Morning Joe and The View

@beckyb1012

Ah ....  the View has always been women, with an occasional male guest host.    It's not a "morning show", it's a talk show.   Big format difference.

Honored Contributor

I find it curious that it is all about women and empowering women, and now they find acting like air heads more attractive than ever.  All you see are giggling, fashion obsessed women who don't have a serious bone in their bodies but want to be empowered.  Now what is wrong with that?  Role models?  Not many I see for young women. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I find it curious that it is all about women and empowering women, and now they find acting like air heads more attractive than ever.  All you see are giggling, fashion obsessed women who don't have a serious bone in their bodies but want to be empowered.  Now what is wrong with that?  Role models?  Not many I see for young women. 

I disagree there are a lot of women role models for younger women. They are not sitting home watching TV . I think the reason you don't see them is because they have a different pov and perspective on the world then what you may agree with and so you either dismiss them or are not aware of them. But they are out there.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of the national news shows anymore. I do watch Kathie Lee and Hoda at 10am. I am very happy for Hoda with adopting her little girl but why on earth are they making it sound like she's the only one that has ever adopted before? A bit too much of gushing, wow!

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

I agree-BORING

Trusted Contributor

First, I rarely watch live T.V.,  I would rather DVR shows and then when I watch them, I can fast-forward through commercials or boring segments.  That said, I peruse listings of upcoming shows and record the morning shows that have people or topics that sound interesting to me.  I can't believe how often I sit down to watch the recorded show but the promised person or topic doesn't appear.  Irritating and a total waste of time.  Just glad I didn't sit through a LIVE show!

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I disagree there are a lot of women role models for younger women. They are not sitting home watching TV . I think the reason you don't see them is because they have a different pov and perspective on the world then what you may agree with and so you either dismiss them or are not aware of them. But they are out there.

@AngusandBuddhasMom  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Would like to explain that statement?  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Would like to explain that statement?  

@Sooner ? ? My "statement" as you put it was quite clear. I disagreed with your dismissal of a whole generation of younger women who are doing amazing things and that among them there are excellent role models that are doing amazing things and who younger girls can emulate and look up to. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner ? ? My "statement" as you put it was quite clear. I disagreed with your dismissal of a whole generation of younger women who are doing amazing things and that among them there are excellent role models that are doing amazing things and who younger girls can emulate and look up to. 

@AngusandBuddhasMom I should have been more specific.  I apologize for that however; what exactly do you mean about "they have a different pov and perspective on the world than what you (I) may agree with and so you (I) dismiss them or are not aware of them."  

What do you assume about my "pov and perspective on the world" that I dismiss others?   Isn't that in and of itself VERY dismissive of someone to assume that about them?  Especially when you don't really know the individual or really anything about them?

Valued Contributor

Pretty bad you have to read the bottom of the screen for the news reports...even the local news reports have become ridiculous...laughing, giggling, trying to be "fun"...I don't care who is on the bachlorette, dancing with the stars, etc.  Just don't care...would like to hear the news and the weather. 

It's become a sad situation..wish things would go back  to previous times, but I guess that's not possible...so don't hardly watch tv anymore..would rather read a book or listen to the birds sing..just MO on the subject...