Respected Contributor

Re: The Swiss Colony: do you order from them?

@FiddleDeeDee Years ago my parents ordered cheese tray gifts from their catalog for customers they dealt with.  Their gifts were always well received, enjoy if you order.  I have not seen one of their catalogs in years.

Honored Contributor

It may have been another company.......Did they have samples of cheese, etc.

Maybe I'm thinking of another similar popular company. 

In a mall. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Just received their catalog. I remember their store in our local mall when I was a child. Wonderful stuff. 

I have never ordered from their catalog and don't know anyone who does. Do you? Have you? Looking for "reviews", lol, and seeing if I should order a few of their items.

Thank you!!

@FiddleDeeDee 

You might want to visit TrustPilot dot com and see what The Swiss Colony customers say about their experiences with that place.  TrustPilot is a website which give people info about websites, products and reviews. It will also let you know if a website is a scam. For me it's a valuable site for when I know nothing about any particular website.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I usually order from them every year.  I haven't done it yet this year yet  Love the petit-fours! very unique flavors.  I get a free tin of chocolates with the first order of holiday season.

------------------------

For years, I ordered the petite fours; the set that had 'Merry Christmas' written out on the cakes.  They were always good!  But stopped ordering when prices kept going up and everyone was on a diet!!

Super Contributor

I've ordered in the past and found the quality to be very good and I like their selections! I wouldn't hesitate. I know they have been around "forever".
Trusted Contributor

My husband and I used to order from the every year many, many years ago.  Their products were very good then.  Like someone said, their petit fours were excellent.  Their cheese was very good, too.  

Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

It may have been another company.......Did they have samples of cheese, etc.

Maybe I'm thinking of another similar popular company. 

In a mall. 

I think you might be thinking of Hickory Farms.  We had one in our mall, too.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Hickory Farms.  That's the one!

Thank you.

Nice to have posters to 'refresh' my memories.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I worked in a Swiss Colony store in a mall when I was 16 years old.  Loved the holiday season with customers having us mail gift boxes and constructing cheese/sausage trays.  The Beef Log was very tasty, and the petit fours and Dobosh torte were just decadent.

deepwaterdotter, I forgot about the outlet store in West Towne Mall where we went now & then because it closed a long time ago. I heard that the rent was too $$$$.  My hometown has an outlet store, but it shut down 20 months ago because of Covid 19.  I did hear that it's supposed to open in the new year.    

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I usually order from them every year.  I haven't done it yet this year yet  Love the petit-fours! very unique flavors.  I get a free tin of chocolates with the first order of holiday season.

------------------------

For years, I ordered the petite fours; the set that had 'Merry Christmas' written out on the cakes.  They were always good!  But stopped ordering when prices kept going up and everyone was on a diet!!

@corita   me too   that's why I haven't ordered yet    if and when I do it will just be for me & DH    I'll keep them in the freezer & will have them until next year Christmas season