Trusted Contributor

The Swiss Colony: do you order from them?

Just received their catalog. I remember their store in our local mall when I was a child. Wonderful stuff. 

I have never ordered from their catalog and don't know anyone who does. Do you? Have you? Looking for "reviews", lol, and seeing if I should order a few of their items.

Thank you!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Swiss Colony: do you order from them?

I haven't ordered from them in long time. I was always happy with what I got. It looked exactly like the picture in the catalog.

Honored Contributor

I ordered from them a few times many many years ago. Everything was exactly as in the catalog and nice and fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually order from them every year.  I haven't done it yet this year yet  Love the petit-fours! very unique flavors.  I get a free tin of chocolates with the first order of holiday season.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't gotten their catalog yet, but I will order a few things when I get it.  I worked in Data Entry for 32 years, but left 20 years ago when I was diagnosed with CIDP.  Our favorites are the macadamia nuts, beef logs and dobosh tortes.  Always fresh and yummy.  This company was started in a house.  My mom worked for them as a secretary a looooong time ago 

Glenda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked in a Swiss Colony store in a mall when I was 16 years old.  Loved the holiday season with customers having us mail gift boxes and constructing cheese/sausage trays.  The Beef Log was very tasty, and the petit fours and Dobosh torte were just decadent.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone who worked at Swiss Colony remember an imported "cookie" that looked like an almond in the shell? The shell was similar to a sugar wafer, and there was a firm cocoa center. I used to buy a package every time I was in their store. I don't see them on the SC website. Would love to track them down - they haunt me all these years later. LOL
Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7  I faintly remember stocking an item like you describe, but cannot recall the name.

Esteemed Contributor

My SIL always sends us a box for Christmas.  The quality is good and they seem to have a nice variety in their holiday boxes.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I didn’t know they are still around. I never cared for their food.