Respected Contributor

The Sussexes take LA!

[ Edited ]

ETA: The source for this post is tabloid news. It may or may not be true.

Harry, Meghan and Archie will spend Thanksgiving in LA with Doria this year. After their heartbreaking television interview, where Meghan admitted how hard the media scrutiny has been, I'm hoping spending some time in her home state will help. Hopefully, they will be able to celebrate the season in peace.

Respected Contributor

Yes...I hope they enjoy themselves and escape, even if for a little while, all of the commotion and confusion. I can understand how overwhelming it would be after getting married, have a baby, and still fulfilling royal obligations. They have every right to just enjoy themselves without all of the constant criticizing. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Respected Contributor

I hope they will have a lovely holiday with Meghan's mom. Thanksgiving is not a British holiday so it's fitting that they come to the states. The American press is not nearly as vicious as the British press. Maybe they'll be left in peace.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they'll actually be able to stay with Doria at her home. I would imagine they will bring security detail and from what I've seen, Doria 's home is cozy. Maybe they will rent something away from prying eyes. I, too, hope the paps will be respectful.

Honored Contributor

I doubt they will be left in peace, but I hope they can find  some. I feel sorry for Meghan. I think Harry is a nice guy, but ,I also feel he might have a lot of emotional baggage ,and she has had to deal with it ,as well as a new baby, and press that is very mean ,at times. Also her family, and their lies ,and need for publicity, and money making schemes..just watch they will suddenly pop up all over the news again, with their tales

Respected Contributor

I agree @cherry  I saw bits and pieces of their interview and Meghan seemed crushed. A person who was minding her business, paying her taxes, quietly working for charities, someone who was never in the tabloids, made the mistake of falling in love. Such a shame. 

Honored Contributor

I hope they will be able to have a little fun and relaxation as well. I can't nor I imagine any of us can realize how hard that type of lifestyle really is....As much as you may try to prepare for it, I think it takes quite a while to get your bearings so to speak.

I always wish them the best!

Super Contributor

I was reminded of Diana during that interview with Meghan. So sad and rather depressing because I thought being an actress she could tolerate Royal life and she knew about What Diana went through in her life. My understanding is that because Harry is not in line for king they could step out of the royal family but they don't get paid by the tax payers and have no responsibility. This marriage will never succeed especially if he splits with his brother and the other members of the royal family. So sad I hope she'll adjust and be happy but not right now .

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch it. I feel mixed. I am sorry I missed it, but it is always sad to listen to  people who  are in pain. Birds and glided cages

Honored Contributor

Re: The Sussexes take LA!

[ Edited ]

If they wanted peace and quiet, they would not have announced to the whole world that they were going to LA for Thanksgiving.

They would have just quietly planned the trip and gone.  They are sabotaging themselves, then blaming it on the press.

It has been reported after the fact by Doria's neighbors that they have visited Doria before in secret.  So why not this time?