Respected Contributor

Sorry, can't let this go...

MM quote:

“Thank you for asking because not many people have asked if I’m O.K.,” she said, her voice thick with emotion. “But it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes.”

I think many (most?) of us have been through much more serious things

and haven't sniffled that people haven't asked how we're doing because of bad press.  Please.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Boo hoo, cry me a river,  She got the man she loved, beautiful baby, money, fame, wealth, and beauty and a chance to make a difference in peoples lives if she wants.  So they say mean things about her.  No sympathy here.  She was not a child when she took this on.  She was in mid 30s. 

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

MM quote:

“Thank you for asking because not many people have asked if I’m O.K.,” she said, her voice thick with emotion. “But it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes.”

and haven't sniffled that people haven't asked how we're doing because of bad press.  Please.

@denisemb ...I just cannot for the life of me figure out where she is coming from.  When was the last time she asked her father if he is okay...The man who paid for the private Catholic school she went to, and the tuition for the college she went to.  And she had the nerve to lie by saying she put herself through college, that was the only way she was able to go to college.  Woman Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

MM quote:

@denisemb ...I just cannot for the life of me figure out where she is coming from.  When was the last time she asked her father if he is okay...The man who paid for the private Catholic school she went to, and the tuition for the college she went to.  And she had the nerve to lie by saying she put herself through college, that was the only way she was able to go to college.  Woman Frustrated

@Lindsays Grandma   Wow you really need to slow down here.

Thomas Markle hit the lottery for $750,000 and had a friend pick up the winnings because he didn't want the $ to factor into his divorce with Doria.  Shows his character, no?

His "friend" encouraged him to invest and TM lost quite a bit of the lottery winnings.

He did pay for the Catholic school and also set up his son in a business but there is absolutely no evidence that he paid for Northwestern.  Regardless of what the half-sister says.

He claims to have bank statements to prove he paid for her college yet he has filed for bankruptcy 2 times in the 1990's.

Considering Meghan graduated from Northwestern in 2003 and considering losing the remainder of his lottery winnings, also considering his bad investments and really bad $ decisions elsewhere, it is not beyong reason that Meghan had to pay for her own college education.

He is in financial straits right now and uses the press for his own benefit, just as some accuse Meghan of doing.

This hatred for Meghan is beyond comprehension-and any man who tries to hide assets from an ex or soon to be ex has zero credibility right from the start, imo.

Perhaps you might approve of his character in your haste to put down Meghan who has caused YOU no harm, but I see two sides to this family.

For the sake of wee Archie, it would be nice if everyone could put down their bias and hope for the best for all of them.  Someday this little guy is going to see, read, and experience all of this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor
@Cakers3 LOL LOL LOL Oh yes, wee Archie will some day be here reading the forums and getting his feelings hurt.
That is probably another thing Meghan will whine to the press about. Or more likely he will be playing polo on a polo field somewhere will privileged children of British aristocrats.

Honored Contributor

I think it's entirely possible (probable, in fact) that Meghan didn't know what she was getting into with the whole press scrutiny problem.  I'm sure she heard about it,was warned about it even, but she didn't see it like most of us did because we are considerably older than she is.  We saw the rags delve into the lives of Charles, Diana, Fergie and Andrew (who I have little sympathy for), Anne and her family, and to a lesser extent Edward and Sophie.  I think it's unfair to say "she knew exactly what she was getting into."

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think it's entirely possible (probable, in fact) that Meghan didn't know what she was getting into with the whole press scrutiny problem.  I'm sure she heard about it,was warned about it even, but she didn't see it like most of us did because we are considerably older than she is.  We saw the rags delve into the lives of Charles, Diana, Fergie and Andrew (who I have little sympathy for), Anne and her family, and to a lesser extent Edward and Sophie.  I think it's unfair to say "she knew exactly what she was getting into."

@faeriemoon   Agree.

It's one thing to be groomed for an upcoming life as a royal; it's quite another to actually have to live that life.

We can be "educated" in the ways of any upcoming life event but until we actually go through it,  the expectations are quite different.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Cakers3LOL LOL LOL Oh yes, wee Archie will some day be here reading the forums and getting his feelings hurt.
That is probably another thing Meghan will whine to the press about. Or more likely he will be playing polo on a polo field somewhere will privileged children of British aristocrats.

@PearleeI'm not talking about Archie reading here FTLOG.  You know this.

Another illogical comeback.

I'm talking about the constant tabloids.

Diana always asked for the press to leave her children alone.

Do you think Harry and William didn't know about Charles and his tampon remark?

Or the affair?  Or didn't see how Diana was struggling with depression and an eating disorder? 

I see nothing funny, either, about any child having to read unsubstantiated gossip or even a factual report.

You are projecting that Meghan will "probably" use this in the future.   DIana "whined" about privacy for her children, and she did so publicly many times, then Meghan can be afforded the same.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Cakers3LOL LOL LOL Oh yes, wee Archie will some day be here reading the forums and getting his feelings hurt.

I have to say, the "wee Archie" line cracked me up! 

H&M have their fans and supporters....and others find them too much on the phony and obnoxious side.   My whole take on it is....if you accept money from the taxpayers to subsidize your affluent lifestyle....then you owe your country the services they expect....I guess in their case it is the public tours, visits, ribbon-cuttings.  Who wants to look at their privileged lives and listen to their complaints?  

If they truly want a private, less stressful existence....then they can make the personal choices to accomplish that.  As someone stated earlier, I wouldn't  be a bit surprised to see them purchase a glitzy Malibu home "to be close to Mom" and bask in the celebrity worship.  Then like other "stars" they can continue to lecture the rest of us how we should be living and the choices we should be making.  They will fit right in.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Piers isn't important enough to be the "problem". He's just a hate filled bag of wind who looks 35 years older than he is. Plus he's an idiot

I generally agree that Piers Morgan isn't my favorite "journalist"...but in this case I believe he got it right.

And there are at least several of us that agree with you...  It's a simple matter here that if one doesn't like the message then one disparages the source... It's become like clockwork on these threads...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...