Honored Contributor

The Sussex Family Christmas Card

This has been in the news for a couple of days. I think it is rather odd because it is a drawing made out of a photograph that Doria took of Harry, Meghan, Archie and their two dogs.  In it, Archie has reddish hair. Harry looks the most odd I think because of what the artist who made the card drawing from a photo did with his hair. Some colors throughout the card are made from blocks of color and his hair looks like he is bald in a very odd place (not where he is really bald in top back). I actually don't think he is supposed to look bald at all; it was the way the colors were done.

It strikes me as strange to make a drawing from a photo. I wonder if it was done that way because the Sussexes just don't want people to see Archie?

Before I get criticized for not posting a photo of the card, I can't do that from my phone which is where my internet access is. It's all over the internet though. The scene is very summery looking but the articles I read say Doria took it earlier this month.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Sussex Family Christmas Card

BB1ccNJf.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Here is the card

6C94BE23-EAEB-407B-96B0-AADF27533739.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This has been in the news for a couple of days. I think it is rather odd because it is a drawing made out of a photograph that Doria took of Harry, Meghan, Archie and their two dogs.  In it, Archie has reddish hair. Harry looks the most odd I think because of what the artist who made the card drawing from a photo did with his hair. Some colors throughout the card are made from blocks of color and his hair looks like he is bald in a very odd place (not where he is really bald in top back). I actually don't think he is supposed to look bald at all; it was the way the colors were done.

It strikes me as strange to make a drawing from a photo. I wonder if it was done that way because the Sussexes just don't want people to see Archie?

Before I get criticized for not posting a photo of the card, I can't do that from my phone which is where my internet access is. It's all over the internet though. The scene is very summery looking but the articles I read say Doria took it earlier this month.

I don't necessarily think it was an artist who turned the photo into a "drawing". There are a number of apps/programs that you can do that with, including, I'm told by a family member who owns a design firm, plain old Photoshop. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's lovely! They tend to step 'outside the box' - I applaud them for that.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I think it's lovely! They tend to step 'out of the box' - I applaud them for that.Woman Very Happy

This time they stepped out of the playhouse (well Harry did).

Honored Contributor

I think its kind of cute.  Different.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's different, not a cookie cutter card. I like it a lot.

Honored Contributor

It's not a photo.  I believe they used one of those apps to turn a photo into artwork.  I think they chose an artistic flare  because they are obsessed with not showing any pictures of Archie.  

Frequent Contributor

Kinda of cheep looking.