Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Student Loan Pays Offhoe

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

WOW, how pathetic! As a college professor, I can tell you that 80% of students cannot write!

I can believe that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Student Loan Pays Off

I got a good chuckle from these, but in all fairness I'm sure that the graduate is not responsible for the errors on their cake.  The person whose job it is to take/interpret the order and decorate the cakes probably does NOT know how to spell but that should not be a reflection on the person to whom the cake is being presented. 

Esteemed Contributor

Trying to be positive hear.  Maybe she haz a byllyant scientific mind.  Some of these people duz not spell well. Seen it my self.

Honored Contributor

@azgal wrote:

My son got a trophy for a division spelling bee with a word spelled incorrectly. They had to send everyone who received a trophy a new plate to replace the old one. We never put the corrected plate on because we thought it was hilarious that a spelling bee trophy was misspelled.  Smiley LOL

Edited to change a word. I wrote has instead of had. Misspelled!!! Really a typing error. LOL

@azgal 

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I'm confused by the posts blaming the graduate. Most grads don't order their own cakes much less make them.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

So funny.  Years ago, when the kids were young and I had the big house; I ordered our Christmas cake from a local bakery.  The cake was great...unfortunately the cakes said  "Merry Chistermass".  Hubby said, ignore it.  No one is going to notice, people see what they want to see.  Every single guest noticed it!  LOL  Chistermass became a joke amongst our family and friends.   Fast forward a few years and I ordered an Easter cake from our local grocery store and it said  "Happy Ester".  After that, when I do order a cake from a bakery, I just order the cake with the frosting and I do the decorating myself.  

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I got a good chuckle from these, but in all fairness I'm sure that the graduate is not responsible for the errors on their cake.  The person whose job it is to take/interpret the order and decorate the cakes probably does NOT know how to spell but that should not be a reflection on the person to whom the cake is being presented. 

@Suzeecat????

It isn't. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

It's funny, but I think the "errors" were made on purpose.

That was my thought also.