Honored Contributor

Re: The Strength and Bravery of Posters

[ Edited ]

Oh, goodness.   Dear (((@Preds))).   You've always been more articulate than I, and you humble me.   Your post is perfect.   I think (know) you are wonderful.

@Cakers3, thank you for your tender, gracious post.   It easily is the thread of the year and deserves to be pinned to the top of all the forums as a reminder to us all.   You radiate a benevolence that I feel has been amplified by the pain you, personally, have known...  you are strong and brave, and how often I have been in awe of that.
            The human condition.   Some of us  have been on that precarious ledge more than once, some of us jumped more than once, and that incomprehensibly unexpected and possibly undeserved net saved us, caught us, and whispered "we need you here with us, still."  

We have struggles and pain, all of us, yet we need to remember that much of it will never be told here.   Some of those with the most bravado, swagger, and bluster are often the ones in the most pain...  they don't tell us, we don't know, but still we need to have a sensitive heart.  

We all have scars that prove we overcame the "thing" that tried to defeat us.  

I salute and honor all of you, I am humbled by the "astonishing light" of each of you.   Every day I remember so many of you in my prayers, and my love sent out over the miles and cybersphere is genuine and all-encompassing.

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.” ― Hafiz

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe

Without going into detail, I will say that I know your pain,and so happy you found the strength to carry on.

While my path took a different turn than yours, so did I.

No matter what the outcome for each of us, we are stronger because of it.

I wish you well.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo....you are truly an angel on this earth and you are loved by many. Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@dooBdoo....you are truly an angel on this earth and you are loved by many. Heart

That is so kind of you, @catwhisperer.   I do my best to be understanding of others, but I can be downright devilish and cranky at times, too -- my siblings can vouch for that!🙃   I know I exhibit it here, too, sometimes when I lose my grip.  (sigh)  That's the human in each of us.   Thank you, my friend.    We are lucky to have you here among us, we love you, and I want you to know that I think you are an angel.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Despite the fights ,and slights, there is a power, in the connections, people have forged on this board

If anyone is in need ,people come together to help, they offer prayers  good wishes, kind thoughts, and really try to help, as much as they can

We are a community of strangers , but when someone is in danger, or need ,the wagons circle, to protect, and comfort .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

That is so kind of you, @catwhisperer.   I do my best to be understanding of others, but I can be downright devilish and cranky at times, too -- my siblings can vouch for that!🙃   I know I exhibit it here, too, sometimes when I lose my grip.  (sigh)  That's the human in each of us.   Thank you, my friend.    We are lucky to have you here among us, we love you, and I want you to know that I think you are an angel.❤️

@dooBdoo....none of us are perfect. I certainly don't claim to be. Tick me off, and I will go from zero to ten in two seconds. I just live day by day and do the best I can do. Life is tough.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Catiele  Sorry for your pain but very happy you are better and your son is also!

God bless you and everyone who stops by here Heart

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe@If it makes you feel any better I bet your ex is not enjoying his young secretary as much as he thought.We had a similar situation in our neighborhood but the wife moved out and the young gf moved in.Their house became party central.The trash cans were loaded up with alcohol bottles and Piza boxes.The party goers were a really young crowd and loved the late nights and loud music even during the week.He was left to clean up all of the mess and still get off to work each day.Over time he just looked tired and no longer resembled the handsome fun loving guy....lasted about a year before the gf moved on.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ShowMe@If it makes you feel any better I bet your ex is not enjoying his young secretary as much as he thought.We had a similar situation in our neighborhood but the wife moved out and the young gf moved in.Their house became party central.The trash cans were loaded up with alcohol bottles and Piza boxes.The party goers were a really young crowd and loved the late nights and loud music even during the week.He was left to clean up all of the mess and still get off to work each day.Over time he just looked tired and no longer resembled the handsome fun loving guy....lasted about a year before the gf moved on.

My ex is now deceased.  They did get married, but it was for only 9 years.  I, fortunately, was married to him for almost 15 years, which made it possible for me to get his social security.  She will never see a penny of his SS.    He was an attorney, which made getting the divorce very difficult.  Always a few steps ahead of my attorney and I.  Took about 5 years to finally get the divorce.  This is a very long story, one which I could write a book about.

I do not know what caused his death.  He was 9 years older than I.....so probably old age.  

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ShowMe

Without going into detail, I will say that I know your pain,and so happy you found the strength to carry on.

While my path took a different turn than yours, so did I.

No matter what the outcome for each of us, we are stronger because of it.

I wish you well.

Thanks for your kind words.  My life was going pretty well until I was hit with cancer going on 4 years now.  That has taken a lot out of me.....but I am still fighting this battle. We are both stronger for what we went through.  Blessings to you.