Honored Contributor

Re: The Strength and Bravery of Posters

@Cakers3

Very thoughtful/kind and heartfelt post to all of us. As one that has been diagnosed with Clinical Depression and Anxiety Panic Disorder, I know first hand the pain of the dark hole. It is hard for anyone that has not been there to truly understand the depths of that pain.

For me it was/is easy to share my experiences, hoping that if it helps just 1 person, it was/is well worth it to me. What others choose to think about myself or the many who suffer is totally up to them.

Yours is one of the best posts I have read in my many years on this Bulletin Board, and I thank you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 - Thank you for your very thoughtful post. You said everything perfectly and I do appreciate it - Riley1

Honored Contributor

@hckynut

Absolutely!

HeartHeartHeart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut - well said! Riley1

Honored Contributor

The one thing that these posters have in commen, is that everyone has been thru something in their lifetime.  No matter what it is, it's always there.  When they want to share it ... awesome.  When they want to warn others ... thank you.  When they want to vent ... Go For It.  When they want to understand ... Thank you.

Thank you @Cakers3 to show that what is shared here is a sharing, a lift, a warning, a release and an experience. 

So many have shared and so many more have learned.  We can never learn enough, but we can try. 

I wish @dooBdoo here to express the words and feelings I'm trying to express, but I feel that you would understand.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

Many, too many, people believe that PTSD is a disease only ex. soldiers suffer.  Many don't realize that some carry it forward from childhood.

Life can be a scary, stressful place when you are always watching over your shoulder for what may come next.  I empathize with your DH and wish him Strength and Peace.

While I hate to see the bad guy win (your neighbor),  your DH's health and well being are much more important.  I'm so glad you've made the decision to move away from the negativity.  Sometimes you just have to let go of the vibrating pole, and trust that good will win over evil.

Malicious,Narcissistic liars surely must be known for what they really are in the end.

@Cakers3

Bless you for your understanding and kindness.  Peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I won't elaborate as to why, but this thread is very touching to me. People can be so cruel when they don't understand. I am beyond sickened by the posters on these boards who continue to bash others on a daily basis. Smiley Sad 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

{{{{{ Soft Hugs}}}}} to you.  🌷

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the kind posts directed our way.  I am overwhelmed, in a good way.

I did not see what was posted by our dooBdoo but she knows that I am fond of her and she helped DH & I rectify a photo problem here on the Q boards last year!

She did not know us but took a great deal of time and effort and I will never forget it!  Thanks to dooBdoo once more and whatever you are going through, I stand with all your friends her in wishing you complete healing/recovery!  You and so many others are truely what these boards are for!

Respected Contributor

Thank you Cakers and all of you who responded to this post. I have had depression most of my life. I am on meds that help most of the time. Mine started with Post partum———after I had my first baby. So sad so confused not knowing why. My friends were fine. What was wrong with me? Many doctors and different medications. It took quite a while before  I found what worked for me. Many years later I am ok. Okay means for me. My husband and family were there for me thank God. One sadness that will never leave me is that my youngest son is bi polar. Living with this breaks my heart. We are very close and just maybe we help each other. He wants to be there for my husband and I. He did finish college with high honors. He is tall dark and handsome. He lives alone but stays over often. How can I tell you how much I love my son? I am in tears.