Honored Contributor

The Strength and Bravery of Posters

I am amazed, but not surprised, by the strength of posters who are struggling with depression; and especially I have been reading time and time again with admiration for the bravery to speak up, sharing your stories, sharing your deepest feelings, putting it all out there with such grace.

I saw dooBdoo's post first and left her a yellow rose in friendship and support in AF; and now I want to leave one for all of you.  You who struggle with the darkness, you who have loved ones who left this world, and you who may not have experienced the current topic but still offered a hug, a kind word, and took the time to express empathy and kindness.

This topic of suicide isn't just about Bourdain and Spade; the topic is about all those in the background who had to say good-bye to a love one before their time was up; and it is about all of those especially who feel alone in their struggle with depression and the darkness that covers them, preventing the penetration of the light of hope from entering.

So I salute all of you; I share very little but I do take much from those who do. Be well, be kind, and try to remember that if you disagree with somebody's decision, perhaps it is better to sit back; read a little more; cull some humanity from it all, and perhaps be able to change your mind about the post you are about to make.

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: The Strength and Bravery of Posters

@Cakers3, beautifully said. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 Lovely, powerful post.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Amen, Cakers.   So many on here have expressed themselves so bravely, with such strength yet vulnerability.

You, of course, among them.

Heart

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny  Thank you.  I know you understand.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Such wise kind words.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 Thank you. What’s important for us learning from each other is Knowledge is Power. We need each other. Thanks to those who have opened their hearts because I have too.

Honored Contributor

God bless you, everyone ..

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3  Thank you for the best ever post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you a long time ago that you are a keeper.  If it is possable I feel even stronger respect and admiration for you.

God Bless You,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Generalized Anxiety Disorder is also a beast to deal with on a daily basis.

Separate, it's challenging enough.  But alongside Persistent Depressive Disorder and/or chronic illness(es) it's a constant battle to keep the faith and stay hopeful.

You know I can truly empathize, @dooBdooHeart

And I pray for all the vulnerable souls everywhere who are suffering any kind of pain.  Bless you all...

Thanks, @Cakers3.

Image result for iris blooming gif