Esteemed Contributor

@donniesmom - When my husband had business people in, and found they had never been to NYC, we took them on the World Yacht dinner cruise. And you are right, they get pretty close to Lady Liberty. 

I will also add, she looks breathtaking at night all lit up.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 - Oh boy do I ever remember Palisades Park. Spent many a summer there. Saturday nights with Cousin Brucie were great.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@donniesmom   So do you remember Palisades Park?  Have lots of happy memories visiting that when quite young.

@aroc3435   I never went but I remember the endless commercials on the radio & TV for Palisades Amusement Park!...I can hear the tune now...

Honored Contributor

Re: The Statue of Liberty

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 @aroc3435 

I remember Palisades Park very well.  We lived for a time in Englewood Cliffs and we went to Fort Lee High School, I graduated from there!!  we went to the park often as kids. 

years later when my oldest daughter was ten, I took a group of girl scouts up to the highest we were allowed to go inside the Statue of Liberty.  The stairs are small and short (it’s very narrow inside) and I did not enjoy it.  But the girls did, so it was a successful trip.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

Hi aroc3435--I sure do! We used to go there all the time when we were kids. Loved all the rides.