Esteemed Contributor

I watched this video while ago about how the Statue of Liberty was constructed. Very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QM0tipFQ9c

I've never seen the Statue of Liberty.   

I must say, I think it would've been fascinating to be alive when the Statue of Liberty was made! It must've been surreal.

Honored Contributor

I have been to NYC a few times, but never took the tour, I did see it from afar though.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When I was a child growing up in Brooklyn my school took us to see the Statue of Liberty every Spring, for our class trip.It’s awesome!! 

Honored Contributor

I've been a couple times.  I'm not sure what term to use.  I guess I'll go with awsome.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I watched this video while ago about how the Statue of Liberty was constructed. Very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QM0tipFQ9c

I've never seen the Statue of Liberty.   

I must say, I think it would've been fascinating to be alive when the Statue of Liberty was made! It must've been surreal.

My Mother was born in Jersey City (NJ) and she, her brother and mother and father lived in an apartment across the street from a park on the waterfront.  She always told me she could look out her window and see the Statue of Liberty.  When she was a little older, the family moved out of Jersey City, but she always remembered that apartment where she spent her youth.

I guess it would be pretty neat to have a view of that Statue as a little kid right outside your apartment window.  Of course that was 90 years ago!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When I was a child growing up in Brooklyn my school took us to see the Statue of Liberty every Spring, for our class trip.It’s awesome!! 

@NicksmomESQ   I also grew up in Brooklyn (early childhood before we moved to NJ).  We went on several wonderful school trips and one was to the Statue of Liberty in elementary school (PS152).

I went again in my early 20s before the renovation in the 1980s then took my kids in the mid 1990s.  we also took the Ellis Island tour at the time.

Honored Contributor

The view of the Statue of Liberty at night, all light up from a boat is the most spectacular sight I have ever seen.

Respected Contributor

Took our kids to The Statue of Liberty 20+ yrs ago. It was a great experience! Climbed up and looked out the windows. Went to Ellis Island too although I don’t think our kids were as interested in that.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

The view of the Statue of Liberty at night, all light up from a boat is the most spectacular sight I have ever seen.

I've done that boat tour a few times. Without fail, the entire boat went quiet as we passed lady liberty 🗽 Just awesome. May we strive to return to the values she stands for.

Esteemed Contributor

I climbed up Lady Liberty once (40 years ago) and been on the ferry several times but my favorite view is on a large cruise ship, both entering and leaving New York Harbor.