Honored Contributor

Re: ~The Squatter Nanny on Dr. Phil right now~

On 9/12/2014 cody said:
On 9/12/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/12/2014 straykatz said:

Should a Nanny be expected to work 24/7 without time off or any kind of monetary payment other than food and shelter?

Nope.

It's my guess she knew that before she took the position. By all reports, she's well versed with the law in California.

Exactly. She knew the pay was room and board only. The woman had a plan from the day she moved into that house.

Oh, yeah!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I just finished watching my first Dr. Phil show. Wow! I saw the look in the nanny's eyes twice when her sister was talking and on the verge of tears.

Her poor sister and husband have suffered greatly because of her. Terrible cruelty. I'd have been afraid for my family members, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

so weird...
Honored Contributor

It's probably better to hire from a legitimate agency. That way, everything is legal. I believe the mother can just call the agency and terminate/change nannies with relative ease, more or less, within reason.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

If anyone is interested, you can watch the entire show here. Smile

Super Contributor

I get the feeling the nanny is a mental case just from her history of sueing everyone and their Mother.... I also feel the Mother who hired her is messed up, a liar, very difficult, and a cheap skate. Both Women were using each other in a sense.... no one is a winner in the situation.

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 gazelle77 said:

I get the feeling the nanny is a mental case just from her history of sueing everyone and their Mother.... I also feel the Mother who hired her is messed up, a liar, very difficult, and a cheap skate. Both Women were using each other in a sense.... no one is a winner in the situation.

I get the feeling the mom & dad are auditioning for a reality show...and this was their "big break".

I feel for the kids.

ALL the adults in this situation are messed up!

Respected Contributor

I agree that the mom is reality tv material, but that nanny is just plain scary.

Respected Contributor

I give the male homeowner credit......were that our situation, the "nanny" would have been physically , if necessary, removed on the day of dismissal by either my DH or one of our massively built sons and there would be nothing I or the "nanny" could do or say to prevent it.
Respected Contributor

I'm curious about how legal it is to hire someone for just room and board. Would taxes have to be taken out or paid by the employer? or is it just considered barter?

I think they are both wrong but the woman wanted someone in a situation who would be willing to work just for room and board.