Honored Contributor

Re: The Southwest is Burning!

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Are you getting any rain today @Kachina624? I hope so! Weather maps look promising.

@SilleeMee.  We had a brief shower but no gully washer.  It thundered off in the distance all afternoon but never got to my neighborhood.  Its supposed to rain tonight in the fire area.  How about you?

No rain here! It was like there was an umbrella right over us. Seems like all around us there was rain except here. Just like you, I could hear thunder off in the distance...like teasing us.Woman Frustrated This week's forecast is going to be blistering hot and NO RAIN in sight.Woman Sad @Kachina624

Honored Contributor

Re: The Southwest is Burning!

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624

Forecasts show its not going to be a good summer above normal temps for most of the US

What can make our area even worse for allergies....and people with breathing issues (asthma, emphysema etc) is 2 situations:

Smoke from agricultural burning from Mexico and South America....This happens usually in June happening now, but at least the smoke has been very light.......................

And then another phenomenom caused by a strong El Nino weather pattern ---   we get African dust---yep it travels 5,000 strong winds called "easterlies" blow dust from Africa straight toward the Caribbean and then turning north toward Texas, sending a larger than normal number of Sahara Desert dust clouds our way.  This usually happens in July.....

@Spurt.  One of our local meteorologist recently announced that El Nino is over and gone.  Summer is supposed to be sort of neutral with nothing special affecting our weather, then there is a strong possibility that fall will bring a La Niña.  That will mean a cooler, wetter winter for us and milder, not so cold for the Northern tier of states.  Wouldn't that be nice?

@Kachina624

Yep, that would be nice....a COOLER winter for us (YAY!), and milder for the rest of the country...I know I would enjoy it, and so would my brother that lives in the northeast, his winter was AWFUL-he couldnt even make a dent in the snow with his snowblower---!!! 

I remember one of the weather forecasters here once said, that if we had a cold winter it would mean a hotter summer.  We actually had a winter in 2017 with cooler than normal temps and even some snow on December 8th....Perhaps that is happening with our above normal temps for May/June......its kind of "weather revenge" for our long cold spell last winter......But it looks like we are having a drought for sure..3 more months to go....Woman Tongue.Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”